Custom Search

Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Here's some member benefits:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create photo albums and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Hybrid Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

Anybody know how to keep the recycle air on?

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   mtb9153

mtb9153

Brother Mike (a.k.a. mtb9153)

• C-MAX Hybrid Platinum Member
  • 1,553 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationS.F. South Bay Area, Ca.
  • My C-MAX's Year:2013
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max SEL with 303A, with Panoramic window using GasPods on the roof, born 9/9/12

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:37 AM

I stumbled on to this thread looking for a solution to a true "vent" for my C-max hybrid ... I read this post and started laughing!  My first car was a 1974 Plymouth Duster, at the firewall beneath the dash on both sides of the vehicle, were black boxes with doors and little lever locks on them.  When you opened the door, that was the fresh air vent.  The geniuses at Chrysler / Plymouth made it literally a vent too - no filters, no screens - bugs would find their way into the vehicle through those little trap doors!  Oh how I wish for a modern version of those vents now ...

Yes I remember this happening on my 1971 Datsun 240Z.  It had those vents too for bringing in outside air, when I had the blower running all kinds of stuff would blow inside and I could hear as small debris was blowing in through the fan.  It was mostly stuff which had fallen into the louvered vents in the cowl at the base of the windshield like leaves, little sticks, dust or sand while driving and fell into the vents at the low pressure area at the base of the windshield.  The vent was located behind the dashboard and sitting right on top of the transmission bump which put the vents about even with my right knee.  Really wild early 70's design.  Oh and sometimes rain would come in as well which wasn't good.

Edited by mtb9153, 07 October 2013 - 12:44 AM.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#22 OFFLINE   fotomoto

fotomoto

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 1,298 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationSouth Texas
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max SEL

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:38 AM

Back to the original question, mine stays in Recirc as long as I keep it on auto and select Recirc.   

On our summer road trip vacation, I kept it in Recirc for the entire day while traveling out of Texas on I-10;  four occupants, temp set to 74F and CC set to 80mph. :shift:  We stopped for either bio-breaks, meals, and/or fuel about every 3 hours.  :waiting:

#23 OFFLINE   drdiesel1

drdiesel1

C-Max Hybrid Member

• Inactive
  • PipPip
  • 822 posts
  • LocationMonterey CA
  • My C-MAX's Year:2014
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Energi

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:00 PM

I hate that there is no "vent" mode.

HUH! ???????  It has a vent mode.  The DOT mandates fresh air supply from the HVAC system.

Edited by drdiesel1, 07 October 2013 - 02:05 PM.

#24 OFFLINE   Tom

Tom

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 217 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationBethesda, Md.
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max SE

Posted 12 October 2013 - 10:00 AM

Turn the Temp selector below 60, and it goes to Lo. Make sure the AC is off, recirc is off, and you're getting unheated outside air. That's the 'vent' mode you are looking for.

If you set your temp selector below the outside air temp with the AC off and recycle air off, I believe you get outside air only.  The fan speed can then be controlled with the fan speed buttons.

#25 OFFLINE   mtb9153

mtb9153

Brother Mike (a.k.a. mtb9153)

• 1,553 posts
  • LocationS.F. South Bay Area, Ca.
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max SEL with 303A, with Panoramic window using GasPods on the roof, born 9/9/12

Posted 16 December 2013 - 03:30 PM

I find that my air recirculation mode when pushed ON will kick off on it's own.  Suddenly I start smelling someone's cigarette in front of me and its because it switched off it's own.  Drives me nuts I hate it!  I'm allergic to smoke, exhaust fumes and all pollen and dust, which is why I rarely drive with recirculate off and I never drive with the windows open.

#26 OFFLINE   ScubaDadMiami

ScubaDadMiami

C-Max Hybrid Member

• 1,408 posts
  • LocationMiami Beach, Florida
  • Current Vehicle:SEL, 303A, Panoramic Roof

Posted 17 December 2013 - 02:36 AM

You can't use Auto.  You turn to the temp, set the fan speed manually, and you turn on recirculate.

#27 OFFLINE   Rick Rowland

Rick Rowland

• C-MAX Hybrid Facebook
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 08:02 PM

I would vote for a update to allow the a/c controls to stay on recirc. Me and the wife always bang knuckles when we get the first smell and remember we left it on fresh air!

Rick

#28 OFFLINE   ScubaDadMiami

ScubaDadMiami

C-Max Hybrid Member

• 1,408 posts
  • LocationMiami Beach, Florida
  • Current Vehicle:SEL, 303A, Panoramic Roof

Posted 10 January 2014 - 12:55 PM

I never have a problem with the Recirculate function turning off.  You just can't use the Auto function.  Using Auto will start off with Recirc, but it will allow outside air once at the set temperature.

#29 OFFLINE   zalusky

zalusky

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 149 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Current Vehicle:Ford CMAX SEL

Posted 10 January 2014 - 03:02 PM

My latest trick is to turn on the air by hitting the recirc button instead of the auto or power button.

#30 OFFLINE   Edsel

Edsel

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 253 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationTexas
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Hybrid SEL 303A

Posted 25 April 2014 - 08:11 AM

I just discovered the shortcut zalusky mentioned above. I was going to start a post about it, but a search saved me. This post is really just a bump in case you missed it like I did. It's a cool trick. :victory:

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·