Custom Search

Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Here's some member benefits:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create photo albums and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Hybrid Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

Sync Reboot While Driving

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   jestevens

jestevens

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 302 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationPennsylvania
  • My C-MAX's Year:2013
  • Current Vehicle:C-MAX SEL Hybrid

Posted 01 April 2019 - 08:11 AM

The first time this has happened in 60,000mi - I have MFT Sync 2 - was streaming Bluetooth audio from phone and using NAV, tapped entertainment then NAV on the home screen and sync completely locked up at the home screen.  No touch screen response, no response by holding voice button on steering wheel. 

I kept driving and was considering pulling off to restart the car but no easy exits.  After about 5 minutes I guess a timer must've elapsed - the screen blanked out, Sync restarted and ran disk maintenance.  At first Nav was like "SD card not supported" - but after a few more seconds it restored the audio and current route as if nothing happened.

I guess now I really can say I managed to crash every computer I've owned.

John

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   icanhazc-max

icanhazc-max

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 27 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationUndisclosed
  • Current Vehicle:C-MAX Hybrid

Posted 01 April 2019 - 11:06 AM

Any surprise after all these years that the deprecated Sync 2 is STILL a cludge?

I herald the day proprietary, in-dash infotainment units are supplanted by dumb-terminal-esque tech for our portable/handheld devices. That's really all we need, but it's not in the be$t intere$t of the OEMs so...  :shrug:

#3 OFFLINE   jestevens

jestevens

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 302 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationPennsylvania
  • Current Vehicle:C-MAX SEL Hybrid

Posted 02 April 2019 - 06:25 AM

Some of the folks I've talked to with new cars say that pairing the phone with the car now is a requirement if you want nav, etc. so I don't know if it's actually using software on the phone to do the nav or it's just using the phone's data connection but it does seem manufacturers are moving in that direction.

I have to say that other than being sooo sloooow Sync 2 has mostly worked on my vehicle.  I think I maybe made a mistake by doing the very last upgrade as the previous software seemed more stable but for the most part it does work..they should have spec'd a faster processor for the hardware. 

• icanhazc-max likes this

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·