How do you use your armrest storage

zalusky

It's been discussed about the odd well shape of the armrest storage.  I am curious as to how people have used or enhanced theirs to make it useful.

I thought about some sort of shelf sort of option to like a coin tray on top with something below.  Anybody have any better ideas? What else do you store in there?

In my previous car I had stuff like:

• Glasses cleaning cloth
  • Dental Floss
  • Small Flashlight
  • Reading glasses

I put the reading glasses in a case and in the driver door pouch.  I am thinking one of those cup shaped change holder might be the trick but I would want it to fit in the door well.  Anybody tried it?

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Tdefny" data-cid="4630" data-time="1356487334"><p>

Just nervous about putting metal in there with the power port uncovered. Otherwise, the car really needs a place for loose change.</p></blockquote>

Find or purchase a 5 volt charging plugin (cigarette lighter type) that goes in the hole, USB plug connection, I saw some at Lowes at the cash register, it can be used to charge many items, I pull mine out halfway to turn off the power when not using to charge an item.

I bought an Energizer key chain LED light at PepBoys and used some double stick tape to attach it to the inside of the bin just below where the lid hits it. The angle of the LED aims the light just where I need it to illuminate the space. So far, all I have in there is my ipod and its cord. I did discover that there is a small circular recess in the floor that I assume is meant for a water bottle or something similar. I also discovered that the rubbery bottom is removable for cleaning.

http://www.energizer.com/flashlights-lighting/flashlights/keychain/Pages/high-tech-led-keychain-light.aspx

I bought one of those safety flashlights a while back and put it in the slot to the left of the driver's seat.  With the glass hammer, seatbelt cutter, and flashing LED's, I feel that it's a good option to have around and it fits nicely in that spot too.  In the center console, I have a lint roller, Aleve, and a few other items just thrown in there.  I wish they had put a coin holder in there.  You would think they could have found a spot for it in that space :)