MFT current version CMAX SEL, V3.1.3?

There is a single image available showing the Fusion. Useful information here about ICE use and cause. Does the CMax screen look like this?

5_zps978017b2.jpg

That would be totally cool...see if they had this for the CMax, Marketing would not have been so p*ssed with the 8 I gave them in the survey, they would have gotten a 9... ;) 

Anyone with a 3.5.1 so far; check the version of your NAV card and see if it is Version 4.  If so, this is what some of the other Ford models with MFT 3.5.1 uses. Found a way to get this update on MFT, but without the V4 card, have been afraid to try it.  Don't want to screw up a perfectly functioning Cmax NRG at this point! :runaway:

Will someone explain to me what MFT version 3.5.1 has to do with Navigation?  I am sending a nastygram to Ford about the ridiculous performance of my Nav.

My Ford Touch (MFT) software controls everything on the 8" display, and that means MFT contains the navigation software. Our cars came with MFT 3.1.3, but 3.5.1 has been release for some vehicles, which means an update for the navigation software is available. That update might fix the accuracy bug in the navigation system. Does that clear it up for you?

For those of us wanting to upgrade from 3.1.3:

Notice on the Community section of SyncMyRide pasted 1-25 says:

(MY Fusion Hybrid, C-MAX Hybrid, C-MAX Energi, and Focus Electric will be subject of a future announcement.)

New vehicles may already have the update installed.  I did not read the entire notice ( shame and me) and tried installing this update, messed up the nav/audio and had to do a master reset. Started over on configuration. Doh!

When there is a downloadable version for 3.5.1 it shoudl reflect when you check for updates.  Patience......

My Ford Touch (MFT) software controls everything on the 8" display, and that means MFT contains the navigation software. Our cars came with MFT 3.1.3, but 3.5.1 has been release for some vehicles, which means an update for the navigation software is available. That update might fix the accuracy bug in the navigation system. Does that clear it up for you?

Thanks for the help.  On our 4,000 mile, 3-week vacation, the nav was a constant irritation - had to pull out the TomTom several times after giving the MFT ample time to correct.  Ford dealer in Pensacola did a master reset to no avail.  Tried sending a nastygram to Ford but they are not accepting e-mails.  Spent two nice days in lovely Atlanta visiting grandchildren in GaTech.

Thanks, are you running 3.5.1?

No, I wish.

This picture was from the release that came out in December.  Somebody had posted a link to the TSB, that in turn had a link to the file.

I tried installing it back then and got a message that it required a trip to the dealer to be installed.

But then I went digging around in the update files, and was surprised to find content for hybrid vehicles and all these various body styles, even though they said there was no hybrid version yet.

I guess they're just doing a staggered release so they won't get inundated with update requests all at once, and hybrids are at the back of the queue.

For those of us wanting to upgrade from 3.1.3:

Notice on the Community section of SyncMyRide pasted 1-25 says:

(MY Fusion Hybrid, C-MAX Hybrid, C-MAX Energi, and Focus Electric will be subject of a future announcement.)

New vehicles may already have the update installed.  I did not read the entire notice ( shame and me) and tried installing this update, messed up the nav/audio and had to do a master reset. Started over on configuration. Doh!

When there is a downloadable version for 3.5.1 it shoudl reflect when you check for updates.  Patience......

been there since Decemeber 10th. if you have navigation you don't download you need to go to the dealer and get a new card. Patience is worn thin as of right now. The new c-maxes have it under current mass production of sd cards then can have hunderds of thousands available in a week for early adopters. This has been my expierence back to the first sync equipped vehicle I lease in 2008, they tend to delay or never upgrade the vehicles that have already been sold. it still reflects as 3.1.3 as being current version for the c-max

Edited by Wingrider01