Are the Seats comfortable

RetiredJohn

I recently drove the C-Max and almost pulled the plug on getting one....except........I wasn't that convinced that the seats were comfortable for long term drives.  The seat cushion seemed a little short and I thought thigh support might be lacking for long drive comfort.  What about you owners out there, are you satisfied or does seat comfort "come up short"?

We spent about 4 hours driving around looking at Christmas lights. They were fine for us... We are 5'10".

My only complaint so far is the passenger seat height is not adjustable.

Thanks.  That was another concern, the passenger seat.  My current GMC Terrain has the power driver seat  but power (or even manual) passenger adjustment wasn't offered, a big oversight in my opinion.

We have taken several trips in the C-Max so far.  The longest one was about 12 hours over a weekend.  The leather seats are very comfortable for us.  I traded in my 2011 Explorer for this and I feel that the seat comfort is very close.  I have seen reviews stating that the back seats are hard, yet my wife loves the back seat comfort. 

We also sat at a drive-in double feature in the front seats. The total time that evening in the seats was about 7 hours.  The hybrid setup makes drive-ins much nicer too :)

Good luck with your desicion.  I am sure you will like the car if you make that choice.

We have taken several trips in the C-Max so far.  The longest one was about 12 hours over a weekend.  The leather seats are very comfortable for us.  I traded in my 2011 Explorer for this and I feel that the seat comfort is very close.  I have seen reviews stating that the back seats are hard, yet my wife loves the back seat comfort. 

We also sat at a drive-in double feature in the front seats. The total time that evening in the seats was about 7 hours.  The hybrid setup makes drive-ins much nicer too :)

Good luck with your desicion.  I am sure you will like the car if you make that choice.

Drive-in.........do they exist anymore?  :drool:

There are a few out there still in business all around the country

http://www.drive-ins.com/

Many of them are now situated against a less often used Highway.  In their prime, most of these were put up prior to the Interstates coming through.  I know of several around our area that have closed over the years.  There are a few owners that own several theaters around the state or region and they are trying to do what they can to keep them up and going.  If I didn't mind being broke, I would probably love to run one :)

My wife loves them, finds them very comfortable; she had an Audi A3 prior to this car and these are quite comparable. I'm a large guy (6' 4" / 230) and I originally loved them and for short drives they are fine. I find on longer drives my 'seat' gets a bit sore; but I don't have back issues after longer drives. This is all just incentive to lose weight (better gas mileage and more comfortable seating; ha ha).  The lumbar adjustments are pretty good and the heated seats (SEL) are awesome. I've heard complaints on this forum and some reviews about the back seats but my kids love the car and the seats in back. They have plenty of legroom (even behind me). One of the reasons I got this car vs. a Prius (of many reasons), was my oldest son (or myself) can sit up straight in the back of this car. In the standard Prius he couldn't do that, I'm not sure about the Prius V.

The biggest drawback of the seats are no memory for driver seat and no height adjustment / electronic controls for the passenger seat.

^exactly. I should have checked but when you bought the electronic seats, the expectation was for the front passenger seat to be electronic as well...but oh no, not this CMax. Also, the fact there is no memory for the seat means its more a headache when the car is shared between different drivers. Wonder if this was just to penny pinch on the cost?

After a couple 500 miles days over the holidays, in slow heavy traffic, I found the seats to be very comfortable on a trip.  Much better than seats in the Sonata hybrid, but not quite as good as in my SHO.   The SHO seats are a bit wider and allow more "squirm" room....plus they are cloth / Miko® Suede which is my preference over leather.  What I really like about the seating is I sit up in the C-Max like I did in my Flex.  Getting out of the Sonata was an interesting experience, especially for the passenger who is basically sitting on the floor with a seat small cushion.

Edited by RedLdr1

I was concerned about the short seat cushion not providing enough thigh support, but it has not been an issue.  I've taken a few 2 to 3.5 hour trips in it, and so far have been quite comfortable.

I'm 6'1, and my son is 6'2.  He can sit behind me with no legroom issues.  He says he's comfortable in the back seats.

I also like the seat entry/exit height.

• 8 years later...

I'll have to vote NO on seat comfort.  I have a 2017 Ford Cmax SE. Leather seats, power on both sides, adjustable lumbar both sides.

15-45 minute drives are ok,  anything longer than that, and you will cripple yourself. 

The area where the lumbar balloon is located - I'm going to say about 2-3 inches up from crevice of the bottom and top cushions is hard as a rock.  Just digs into your lower back.

I thought this was going to be a car I could live with for a while, but between it being extremely noisy and the bad seats, I'm going to have to sell at a loss and get something that I can ride in for more than a few minutes.

• 1 year later...