C MAx In the snow

Roggie 51

Hi Roggie, Welcome to the forum.  Take a look under Lounge and you will see a thread called Let It Snow which tells about a C-Max in the snow.  And you will find some info. under the heading Tires and Wheels.  Generally the C-Max sounds pretty good in the snow.  We are in Vancouver and really aren't faced with too much snow so I can't comment.

I'm waiting for my new C-MAX SE for approximately January 9.

Lots of snow here in Montreal, with temperatures ranging from -4 ° to 14 ° f.

Can someone tell me if the C Max behaves well in such conditions.

:)

I would be interested to see what tires are fitted to your C-Max. Do they even come delivered with the snow tires? Given those temps, the ptjones thread should be studied and see if it will make better MPGs for your new car, assuming if you want to try that solution. The cold is not a friend to any hybrid.

Hi Roggie, 

I live in Michigan and drove my C-Max Hybrid SEL yesterday in the snow. We had gotten a couple of inches overnight and the roads had not been plowed. I was used to driving a Jeep Liberty with 4 wheel drive, so I was curious to see how the C-Max responded. I had no trouble stopping, accelerating, turning in the snow, no fish-tailing and plenty of traction. I drove on both bladed highways and unplowed city streets with no problem. Granted, this wasn't a huge snow, but I was happy with the first experience.    Also, our temps have been in the high teens - to mid 30s for the past week or so. Not as severe as yours, but still cold. On my ride home yesterday, in the snow, I got 47.9 mpg on the highway. ~Adair

Edited by Adair

We put aftermarket 16" aluminum wheels and Michelin X-ice 3 snow tires on our car.  It made a huge difference in traction and the car stops and goes almost like it were on dry roads!  I have about a 4-5 foot climb as soon as I pull out of the garage to get up to street level, and all-season tires don't cut it for me...

Hi Roggie, 

I live in Michigan and drove my C-Max Hybrid SEL yesterday in the snow. We had gotten a couple of inches overnight and the roads had not been plowed. I was used to driving a Jeep Liberty with 4 wheel drive, so I was curious to see how the C-Max responded. I had no trouble stopping, accelerating, turning in the snow, no fish-tailing and plenty

of traction. I drove on both bladed highways and unplowed city streets with no problem. Granted, this wasn't a huge snow, but I was happy with the first experience.    Also, our temps have been in the

Hi Adair, I'm sure the C Max is doing very well in the snow, because it is quite heavy 3640 pounds.

We had 12" of snow the day after Christmas.  I waited until the following day to go out and still had to drive through some 2' piles where the plows hadn't completely cleared.  Had no trouble getting through.  Tires did spin (all season) but made it through just fine.  Then a few days later we got 3" more and again, had no trouble getting around.