Leather Interior care

There are a ton of good leather cleaners and care kits. For me personally, I use Connolly leather cleaner and then use the Connolly Hide Care to finish it off. Its more work than an all in one cleaner but it comes highly recommended and I use it on all of my 3 Jaguars and now my Max. I would do this about once a year, unless the seats are super dirty. Also recommend using a toothbrush to get at the seems. The leather care lasts forever as u have to mix it and u don't use that much mixed stuff anyway.

Edited by Jus-A-CMax

I have the stone interior on my car, which has to stay outside since I have no garage. What do you guys recommend I do to maintain the leather? Thanks!

First, get a sunscreen for the front window (and use it) and high UV tint for the other windows or maybe try to park with the rear facing south. :)

I've used Lexol products for about 30 years.  I've never tried anything else but I've got to believe most leather care cleaners and conditioners will perform about the same.  The long term condition of the leather likely depends on the frequency of cleaning and conditioning as opposed to the product used and exposure to UV.

• 4 months later...

Before I bought my C-Max, I had a 1995 Oldsmobile Aurora with leather seats and trim.  I used Meguiar's leather treatment twice a year -- spring and fall.  When I got the C-Max, and after 150,000 miles in the weather, the Aurora's seats were still like new.

Before I bought my C-Max, I had a 1995 Oldsmobile Aurora with leather seats and trim.  I used Meguiar's leather treatment twice a year -- spring and fall.  When I got the C-Max, and after 150,000 miles in the weather, the Aurora's seats were still like new.

I'm a big fan of Meguiar's and have been using the Meguiar's Gold Class Rich Leather Spray: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002V9IFU/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B0002V9IFU&linkCode=as2&tag=calipso-20

So do I when I am not using the "heavy" duty sutff. This spray is great for getting out the lil marks like dirt and all.

I use Dr. Jackson's hide rejuvenator on all of my leather items. Belts, shoes, baseball gloves, saddles, to leather jackets. Its the best stuff out there to take care of leather. Don't think that the seats in our Maxes is real leather though ,so not sure if it will work no them.

• 2 weeks later...

Zymol is a bit more  $ but supposedly the best as is doesnt leave residues.all the pros swear by it. leather needs to be able to breath and not dry out so heat and sun is the enemy.

http://www.zymol.com/zymolsprayleathercleaner8oz.aspx

http://www.amazon.com/Zymol-Z-507-Leather-Cleaner-Conditioner/dp/B000F7VKD4/ref=pd_sim_auto_3

Edited by salsaguy

• 1 month later...

As Skitime stated, Zaino Bros. makes a leather cleaner spray and a Leather Conditioner that smells ok and does not leave a residue on ther leather.  I have used it for over 10 years on numerous cars and on leather furniture in our home.

zainobros.com is their website, and they have distributors around the country that have stock of the products.  Take a read on their site about how they developed their products.

• 8 months later...

Meguiar's is excellent stuff. 

The seat covers did originate from a cow, but keep in mind this is treated leather--unlike a purse or jacket.  It is sprayed with a kind of urethane clear coat to protect it from the coffee you're spilling on it.  I really doubt that it "breathes" at all. 

The Prius's leather is pleather--i.e. synthetic.  

Edited by Adrian_L