Is there a boot on the steering linkage in the footwell (see pic)

I was poking around my C-max since it is disabled right now due to a dead battery, and noticed that the steering linkage which goes into the firewall looks pretty naked.  Is there supposed to be a boot to cover it?  I don't suspect there is a problem with it this way, but it does appear open to getting crud into the hole where it goes through the FW.

Edited by CNCGeek

Mine looks the same as yours.  Probably could have been cleaned up a little to help further dampen noise, but I guess it is what it is...

Thanks, good to know that I am not missing a cover.  I've cleaned up the insulation around it a bit, it should be fine as long as I don't kick it with my muddy boots - that won't happen until I get some good floor trays though :D

• 2 months later...

I was poking around my C-max since it is disabled right now due to a dead battery, and noticed that the steering linkage which goes into the firewall looks pretty naked.  Is there supposed to be a boot to cover it?  I don't suspect there is a problem with it this way, but it does appear open to getting crud into the hole where it goes through the FW.

HOW did your battery die????