Talkin' up the C-Max

Adair

I was approached by 4 different people, in less than 2 hours, asking about my car. (Must have been the bright sunshine, a rarity around here lately) shining off the bright Blue Candy exterior!)

The first was a (I can't say *older* because he's of my generation) gentleman with a Vietnam Vets cap and suspenders. I had just gotten out at my doctor's office and he came up and said, " Well, how do ya like that car?" We proceeded to talk about the pros and cons of mpgs, handling in snow, acceleration, etc. I was pleased and happy to be able to talk intelligently about one of my new favorite topics, thanks to all you guys. Luckily I had gotten to the appointment 20 min. early because 10 were spent talking to this perfect stranger. I told him to go drive one and see for himself.

The second was outside my beautician's. I had just parked and she was coming out, prob. a little younger than me. Very well dressed. Her: WOW, I really like your car! Love the color! Does it get good gas mileage? Where did you get it? It's a hybrid, right? We talked a few minutes more, and I told her to go drive one!

# 3 was one of the beauticians inside. Probably in her 20s. Her: WOW!! What a cool car! I really love your car.What's that called again? It's new, right? Love the color!

# 4 was my beautician, who saw me pull up. Didn't recognize me not in my Jeep. Don't know for sure, but prob. in her 30's. Her: You got a new car? What is it? Love the color! It looks roomy inside! Why did you get rid of the Jeep? and on, and on, and on.

When I left, # 3 was talking about my car, which was parked out front, to the rest of the patrons.

Which goes to show you..........our little C-Maxes appeal across generations, genders, and other strata that sometimes divide us. :wub2: