Custom Search

Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Here's some member benefits:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create photo albums and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Hybrid Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo

CMAX Grill Cover Testing, 2-5 MPG Gain

MPG grill cover test

• Please log in to reply
245 replies to this topic

#241 OFFLINE   ptjones

ptjones

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Platinum Member
  • 3,183 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationNewnan, GA
  • My C-MAX's Year:2013
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-MAX SEL

Posted 18 September 2016 - 03:19 PM

Block heaters in summer... in the South, no less. No one saw this coming. 

Block heaters in summer... in the South, no less. No one saw this coming. 

I have been doing it for a couple of years.  Remember in a Prefect CMAX Hybrid World when you first start out in the morning the ICE WT would be 202*F for Max ICE Efficiency, the less time and gas to get to that temp the better trip FE. :)

Up Date:  Last couple of days I've been trying to heat up the ICE sooner with not very good results. :drop:  My take away from this experiment is that unless you are going 15 miles or more don't use the ICE anymore than you have too.  It wastes to much gas heating up the ICE  and you don't have the time to make it up in efficiency.  I knew there was a reason why I drive like I do. :)  Driving on the FWY it would be good to heat up ICE as quickly as possible if you were going 10+ miles, I think you could make up the difference.  

Paul

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#242 OFFLINE   ptjones

ptjones

C-Max Hybrid Member

• 3,183 posts
  • LocationNewnan, GA

Posted 19 September 2016 - 05:24 PM

Half way through this tank now with my average up to 57.9 mpg up from 56.6 mpg.  It would appear all I can get going back and forth between work and home is 56.6 mpg.  Just a reminder that even with temps in the low 90's I still have center and bottom Grill Covers on.  This weekend I had a few additional trips around town that pushed my average up to 57.9 mpg. I'm going to try to remember to plugin Block and Oil Pan Heaters an hour or two before I go home to see if it helps. :)

Paul

• obob likes this

#243 OFFLINE   ptjones

ptjones

C-Max Hybrid Member

• 3,183 posts
  • LocationNewnan, GA

Posted 23 September 2016 - 11:36 PM

I have started our lighthouse trip and are in Savannah , 300 miles so far 67.7mpg
Hope to do better tomorrow .

Paul

#244 OFFLINE   SnowStorm

SnowStorm

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 760 posts
  • LocationVirginia
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max SE

Posted 24 September 2016 - 11:25 PM

I have started our lighthouse trip and are in Savannah , 300 miles so far 67.7mpg
Hope to do better tomorrow .

Paul

Awesome!  Do we see a world record tank in the making?

If you get that far north, don't miss Bodie Island Lighthouse south of Nags Head, NC.  Recently restored, its quite a treat.  Or even further up is Currituck Beach Light at Corolla, NC.  A "twin sister" light to Bodie Island, it is unpainted and my favorite lighthouse.  Then if you head inland, there's an original "screw-pile" lighthouse in Edenton, NC, restored and furnished (though not at its original site).

Have great trip, "keep the lights burning", and keep the MPGs climbing!

#245 OFFLINE   ptjones

ptjones

C-Max Hybrid Member

• 3,183 posts
  • LocationNewnan, GA

Posted 27 September 2016 - 01:30 PM

Started in Newnan, GA and  made it to Georgetown, SC and then came back, got back last night. I made it to Monticello, GA before filling up 915.4 miles/ 13.7 gal and 66.1 mpg. I figure I still had .3-.4 gallons(18-24 miles before I would have run out.). GPS actual mileage 931.8 mi./13.7 gal.= 68 mpg. :)  I was hoping to do better, but I can't seem to get 70 mpg going 65 - 50MPH, at 50 -35 mph P&G I saw over 80 mpg a few times on segments of the trip. :shift:  My wife isn't interested in doing any more trips like that, she said I can go by myself. LOL :sad:  And it's been almost two years since the last one.

92616NRec

Paul

Edited by ptjones, 27 September 2016 - 01:42 PM.

• obob likes this

#246 OFFLINE   ptjones

ptjones

C-Max Hybrid Member

• 3,183 posts
  • LocationNewnan, GA

Posted 25 August 2017 - 11:28 AM

Just a reminder if you don't have your Center Grill Cover taped on or some other secure way of holding it on and you park facing the sun the adhesive on the VELCRO will let go after an hour or two with outside temps 90*F+.  I forgot that I took the tape off the other day and at the movies it fell off.  So I put a couple of pieces of clear packing on ends of cover so I don't have to worry about it.  :)

Paul

Custom Search

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: MPG, grill cover, test

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·