Temperature control

reedmother

I'm new. Just got the car last week. Could be a stupid question. I like to adjust the temperature a lot  depending on whether I just finished exercising etc. Automatic climate control is not what I want. There has got to be a way to change it besides that little knob.  That knob is too little and has no traction like the sound knob has.  Do I need to set up the voice activation thing?  Will that work?   I don't see temperature controls on the steering wheel or the screens.  I haven't set up the Ford sync or voice thing yet.

Since you have the SEL, you should be able to just use the voice command paddle--don't need to set anything up.  I change my temperatures all the time with it.  I say, "Climate" and the voice comes on and repeats "climate".  You wait to see the listening ear and the word listening on the screen.  Then just say "temperature 70" for example.  She will say "temperature 70. Is that correct?"  Then you pause for the ear and listening on the screen and say "yes".  You can give her all kinds of commands like "climate off", "climate on", "decrease fan", etc.  Very nifty and fun. We made cheat sheets for commands as she can be a little picky with the wording.  Hubby finds the same with little traction on the knob and he loves giving the voice commands.  On the same paddle thingy on the steering wheel, you can turn the volume up and down for your radio, voice commands etc. All very fun stuff to play with.  Good luck and ask away if you have more questions.  It is a learning curve for sure. I like saying "navigation" and then when she responds I say "I'm hungry".  Then you get a display of various restaurants that are close by. 

Some commands like "Climate 72 degrees" are special-case "global" commands where you don't need to say the category separately.

Strangely enough, so are Sirius satellite channel names.  I was trying to get it to read a phone text message, and it kept tuning the radio to "The Message" channel.   :rant: 

My new car will obey when I speak. Radio, temp etc

My new car would have nav and tell us where Jason's deli is in this new town.

I hate to be the one to break it to you. Sit down. Your new car will not do the dishes. I know. That's so sad. I wish mine would come in and dust and vacuum the carpet. ;-)