CAN THE HORN BE SET TO HONK WHEN YOU LOCK THE CAR?

Mine does, if I push the lock button twice. Also, another neat feature, if a door is ajar, or the car was in stealth mode and you didn't remember to turn it off (easy w/push button start) when you lock it, the horn will honk twice.....calling you back to fix whatever is amiss.

Here's an idea.  The orange turn indicators on the outside edge of the rearview mirrors flash when you lock your car.  In high light conditions, I just slightly cup my left hand around the outside edge of my rear view mirror (to shield ambient light) while I press my finger on the black locking pad on the driver's door handle.  You will be able to see clearly the orange light reflect off of your palm confirming that the car is locked.    :)

When I have my dog on board and leave her in the car, I am always paranoid to the extreme that she will be stolen if I don't lock up properly so I use my fob and press twice to get the double honk.  That drives my husband nuts as he hates noise pollution, but I have to satisfy my mind that Tinker is locked in securely so some drug crazed lunatic doesn't steal her LOL.

Ah but my Tinker is priceless and she would be scooped up in a minute <g>.  Actually Tink is a rescue from California and is a wee mutt with pom and who knows what in her.  Good as gold though.  We used to have 2 Newfoundland dogs and a Bull Mastiff and I could leave them unsecured as they looked formidable.

Thanks all.  I wasn't clear in my question, but I was referring to locking it with the black button on the handle.  No horn chirping with that method.  

We also have a rescue dog...a Labrador mix.  What a great dog.  No C-Max rides, though.

BWP it seem there is not a chirp when using the black button.  I tried it a few times aiming for a chirp without any luck.  So it has to be the fob.  Labs are great dogs.  We had a rescue black lab who was the best dog we have ever had.  How come your lab x hasn't been in your C-Max?  Gets car sick?