My Ice Storm SEL

donhak

Nice Don, love how the CMax looks with the 16", not bad at all. Seriously, if Ford has those wheels instead of the 17", I would have still picked it up.

Also, thank you for your service. As you mentioned the F4, I was thinking about the History channel and how they were graphically recreating some of the dog fights from 'Nam. Watching it is one thing, another is when you had your a$$ on the line in the air - I tip my hat for you, sir  :rockon: 

One question...what the hell are you doing in the snowy cold - it should be for young bucks like me....you sure you don't want to retire somewhere where its a lot warmer and temps are conducive to > 40MPGs?!?!?!?

:) 

Per request I added a shot of my C-Max and me to my gallery.  From my Air Force days I would call it my hero shot.  I flew in the back seat of F-4E Phantoms as a Weapon System Officer.  The C-Max isn't as fast, but I am loving it.

You two look like a happy fit.  Thanks for posting the photo.  My husband was in the Canadian military when I met him.  Back then he flew C 130's, but retired from Air Canada a few years ago having flown the airbus A320. Our military life was a good one.

• 2 weeks later...

Don, thanks for posting the pics, after owning the ice storm color for awhile, would you get the same color again? I'm asking because I ordered an ingot silver a few days ago and they told me it

would be 8-10 weeks. I have found another one in ice storm but I have not seen one in person, so I am just checking to see if people REALLY like the color, thanks for any feedback you can give me.

Oh, and by the way, I was a plane captain on f4's while stationed in Oceana Va with vf-84, thanks for your service from one vet to another, Mike

Hi Mikeycats we have had our Ice Storm SEL for coming up to 3 months  Love the car --no problems (knocking on wood so I don't hex her). I am a little on the fence with the Ice Storm.  It is lovely and elegant and subtle, but we live in a rainy grey area with not many sunny days in the winter and I find the Ice Storm looks drab. One thing that I have noticed is that I have never received a compliment on the my car from friends or neighbours or strangers.  It is not a colour that pops so it tends to really blend into the background. Likely I would get it again, but be aware that it is very subtle and quiet. We ordered ours without having seen the colour on a car.  When we picked it up, it was in the showroom and looked spectacular with the colour changing from pale green to pale blue/grey.  I would say if you are in a climate with lots of sun it would be great.

Edited by Laurel

Thanks Laurel for the reply, I spoke with the dealer and told him that if he located an sel with pkgs 301 and 302, I would accept these colors, in order-Ingot silver, Oxford white, ice storm, and finally sterling gray.

I really like the platinum white, but I don't want to pay $500 for paint !!In addition I want the stone interior, we'll see if that comes to fruition or not. Worst case scenario is I wait for the one I ordered.

As far as the sun goes here in Ky, it is NOT one of the sunnier states. All in all, I appreciate that you would order that color again, Mike

Hi Miekycats,  I have been happy with the choice.  It was the one color I did not see in person before ordering, but went with it based on early photos.  I did not think I would like Blue Candy based on Ford's website, but was a much nicer blue when seen on the lot.  I was tempted to get it, but I was a little like you and did not feel like spending the extra money just on paint and put it into the 302a package to get the hands free lift gate.  I just came from a cream white car, and there seems to be a lot of white, silver, gray, and black cars around here so Ice Storm is a little different.  I haven't had it out on many bright sunny days yet, but friends and coworkers who have seen it like it, and it stood out the night I picked it up under the dealer's lights.  The light blue comes out more under bright conditions and shades more to light green and gets darker when cloudier, so it changes appearance with conditions.  The Medium Light Stone interior gives it a nice two tone interior that goes with the color.

I loved being in F-4's until my back would not put up with it anymore.  The Air Force wanted to turn me into a maintenance officer, but I elected to get out and stay in Alaska instead.

We were just at our dealership (to order the missing mechanical keys for our FOB's) and there was an Ice Storm electric Fusion and it looked gorgeous under the bright lights.  The lower mainland of British Columbia doesn't get much winter sunshine.  Even my husband commented on how pretty the Ice Storm looked under the lights.

Thanks Don for the reply, I Have tried to buy the one I found thru a dealer trade, but am getting the run around from the dealer that has it. The manager there tells the Manager of the dealership that I am dealing with that the vehicle is sold and not available, however I have made 2 phone calls to 2 different salesmen and they both tell me that it is NOT sold and is available for sale. I guess I will keep looking or wait the 8-10 weeks for my ordered one to come in.

What part of Alaska do you live in? I have been there a coule of times and was blown away by the beauty and wildlife.

Laurel, thanks again for your replies and you also live in a beautiful area, I have been to Vancouver and Victoria, and really enjoyed them !!

I have lived in the Anchorage area since 1976 when the Air Force originally brought me here.  After the Air Force I was in Kodiak for a year with a job and lived in the Matanuska Valley for ten years before the commute got old, especially in the winter whenever there was an accident backing things up.  I have been to most parts of the state including out to Unalaska, and to northern parts of the state with the exception of Southeast Alaska south of Haines, even though I fly over it frequently on trips south.  After growing up in Iowa it is still nice to walk out your door and have the mountains right there.  Moose regularly spend time in my back yard, but I at least don't live in a part of town frequented by brown bears.

I haven't had it in deep snow yet, but the C-Max is as good or better than my last car on snow and ice.  Even with Blizzak's I can confirm that the traction control/stability control works, but it handles nice in the conditions.

Donhak, just a little update, I have finally found one that I am picking up today, it is white platinium with the 303a pkg. I love this color but I didn't want to pay extra for paint,

however I didn't want to wait 10 or more weeks for my ordered one so I found one about 150 miles away and had my dealer get it for me.

Once again, thanks for your replies, Mike