Powered Lift Gate Not Holding - 2014 Energi

Arrival

My 2014 Energi has the powered lift gate.  If I am parked on a hill (even a slight one) The lift gate opens fully, then lowers about 10 inches.  I'm thinking it is either an adjustment or the the struts are failing, but if the car is on level ground it opens all the way and stays open.   Any suggestions? 

Thanks

I noticed this as well on my 2013 but it's only really happened once and on a decent incline and only a few inches of drop. Not exactly sure the cause myself but curious. At least in my case the struts seem to behave normally otherwise.

I should also note that I exclusively use the power options on the liftgate. I've never manually opened/closed it.

I just tested it - with the car pointed up hill, it opens full, then drops about 10 inches.   With the car level or pointed downhill, it opens fully and stays opened fully.

Edited to add that it opens fully when tilted sideways (both left and right)

Edited by Arrival

Reset the lift gate. It has a "feature" that limits how far it opens. It should just stop, not reverse, so perhaps its confused. Open it fully and press-and-hold the liftgate button until you hear a chime. 

I hope that does it because otherwise, it looks like a weak strut.