Hello from the Eastern seaboard

bigapplempv

Just a quick note to intro myself and say that this has been a very helpful forum, as I was researching this odd vehicle called the Ford C-Max, and when finally buying one and figuring a few things out. 

Got us a used Magnetic gray 2016 C-Max SEL after a quick Ford dealer inspection, and so far, so good…  It was high mileage, but seeing as how we won't be driving this one every day, in a few years it'll be back to average mileage I think. I knew I wanted a hybrid, and figured out I didn't want to pay for a decent Prius, especially in the 2020 market. As luck would have it, I love how this drives!

I drove a Ford MPV I really liked over in Europe one time, and that was my route to researching buying a used C-Max. In the end, the vehicles weren't all that similar – turns out the Euro experience was actually with an S-Max ? but by the time I had that figured out, I was hooked on the C-Max concept.

FORD 2016 C-Max SEL Magnetic original rims-1.jpeg

Glad to have you here! And glad that you like your C-Max. As an ex-New Yorker & still living on Hudson, I see quite a few C-Maxes around.

The S-Max is Mondeo based, while the C-Max is based on the Focus. If Ford had brought the Grand C-Max or S-Max to the US, it would've been just the right size for us, but the C-Max is brilliant for city living as it can squeeze into spots a lot of other cars can't fit into!

Also, side note, the S-Max is now available in Europe with a 2.5-liter hybrid!

2021 Ford S-Max Hybrid, Galaxy Hybrid: Dying MPVs go out green (betweentheaxles.net)