600+Mile CMax Club

Jus-A-CMax

I think what I'll do is this: I'll put back the your last unmodded MPG (think it was 700.4) and also leave your latest MPGs with the mods but denote it with a * (referral back to your posts) above. That way, we only have 1 list and we know which MPGs are modded or not. If anyone else does a mod then we'll separate the list - to be fair to the guys that don't have any mods. Go get the 775 mate....

Its going to take me forever to finish this current tank as the # of miles I am doing now are way down now...may be like 40-50 miles a day but its all surface streets though but sitting high 50s & low 60s Avg.

Oh, yes, I am pretty much positive 875 miles on a tank is only possible with an Energi.......

After a test run done today I'm afraid I don't agree.  See my post under the 50+ mpg thread.  I did a loop (returned to same point) averaging about 30 mph for 29 miles and got 72.7 mpg.  At 13.6 gallons that would be 989 miles!  I don't have an Energi!

I'm now on the proverbial limb predicting someone is going to hit 1000 miles on one tank (but it will be one long slow drive!). :drool:

Actually, my mods are all reversed back for now. The right side mirror has the outside temp probe inside. So, I put that back on and the wheel covers are off because I was told to do a bunch of stuff all at once and do A-B-A testing. So, for now, the car is 100% back to original anyway.

Bear in mind, the wheel covers do pretty much nothing at in town speeds and these were only on for sixty miles of the 720 mile tank. Also, every mile my car has seen (well 95% of all miles) have been done with 300 pounds of parts in the back. That actually lowers mileage more than the wheel covers could compensate for.  

I have 100 miles on this tank with wheel covers on. I have averaged 55.2mpg for these miles. The remainder of this tank will be stock. Odds are I will have another half dozen or more tanks through the car before any aero mods are added on again. I want to be able to do all the nose mods before I put the wheel discs back on.   :)

I will keep you all posted.

On that note, I am really working hard on a 750 mile tank. That, I know, is doable. Actually, 775 is doable under the right circumstances. 800 is going to be truly a challenge. It would be "Possible", but extremely difficult to achieve. Of course, isn't that the fun of this stuff anyway?   :)

Matt

Edited by Recumpence

After a test run done today I'm afraid I don't agree.  See my post under the 50+ mpg thread.  I did a loop (returned to same point) averaging about 30 mph for 29 miles and got 72.7 mpg.  At 13.6 gallons that would be 989 miles!  I don't have an Energi!

I'm now on the proverbial limb predicting someone is going to hit 1000 miles on one tank (but it will be one long slow drive!). :drool:

I have had the same thing. I had one 84mpg trip that was over a dozen miles. But, that never seems to be consistant. For every trip like that, I have one with terrible mileage for one reason or another.

It sure is cool having those, though, isn't it?!   ;)

Matt

Edited by Recumpence

Weird thing happened today on my ride home.  I'm at 548 miles on the trip odometer and the miles to empty was down to 30, this is consistent with what I've been reporting that I'll end up around 580 miles.  THEN, I checked again after I got home and it had reset to 73 miles to empty!  Looks like I may get my 600 mile tank on my very first tank after all!  (assuming its right and I don't run out of gas in 30 miles...)

My trip odometer says I've burned through 11.34 gallons, which I'm assuming is 3/4 gallon low because of my 37 mile romp before resetting the trip odometer (37/49 = 0.75), so I'm assuming I've burned through 12.09 gallons.  Going with an absolute top value of 13 gallons, that means I have 0.9 gallons left which is good for another 44 miles!  I just ran out for a short trip and I'm at 554 miles for this trip odometer now...  

I'm really nervous about running out of gas, the fuel indicator is red!!!

Edited by SnitGTS

My trip odometer says I've burned through 11.34 gallons, which I'm assuming is 3/4 gallon low because of my 37 mile romp before resetting the trip odometer (37/49 = 0.75), so I'm assuming I've burned through 12.09 gallons.  Going with an absolute top value of 13 gallons, that means I have 0.9 gallons left which is good for another 44 miles!  I just ran out for a short trip and I'm at 554 miles for this trip odometer now...  

I'm really nervous about running out of gas, the fuel indicator is red!!!

CHICKEN!   *bock............. bock, bock, bock*    :stirpot:

:hysterical:

Edited by fotomoto

Absolute tank capacity is somewhere between 13.5-13.8 gallons according to those who've run it completely dry.  Not that I'm trying to temp you into anything Snit............

;)

Not true! Don't go past 13 gallons, push it to 13.05. 13.5 is not realistic, at least not with my car. Also, the threshold is dependent on if you "top off" or not. My last tank I did not and I ran out at 13.04. U have been warned. Yes, it started fine....

So I'm doing the math again, I've been getting 49.2 miles per gallon for this tank and over 13 gallons that comes to 639.6.  Take away the 37 miles I drove before resetting the trip odometer and that's 602.6.  That's tight...

Come to think of it, that 49.2 is down a little because I've been running the air today (97 degrees out today) and its going to be just as hot tomorrow...  

I'm going to try, but damn this is making me nervous...

So I'm going to have to wait another 3 weeks or so to join the 600+ mile tank club, I chickened out today when the 'Miles to E' dropped from 40 to 25 in about a mile and a half of driving.  Honestly I'm glad I did, I pumped in 12.7 gallons of gas which is a full gallon higher than the 11.67 the trip odometer was showing!  I suspect that gallon difference is mostly not getting 48.8 mpg during the first 37 miles I drove before resetting the trip odometer when I was showing friends and family just how fast my hybrid was.  (Speaking of that 37 miles I drove before resetting the trip odometer, that would make 607 miles on the first tank!!!) (I know it doesn't count but...)

IMG 20130531 094209

I will say, as long as these numbers hold it looks really good for this next tank!!!

IMG 20130531 094530

Edited by SnitGTS

lol, "train miles".....you know by right, you should not be able to achieve this at this odo. I guess you have a "special car" too.... ;)

We all have "special cars" :), but maybe some are more special than others? ;)  Or maybe it's the E0 gas...happy%20feet.gif ...or maybe it's driving on the East coast instead of the Left Coast :stirpot:... or...oh, I know... it comes from driving in God's Country!

gallery_656_57_12171.jpg

If thou wilt obey this command, thou shalt also delight thyself in abundant gas mileage!

oh, I know... it comes from driving in God's Country!

Sorry but judging from this photo, I think we Texans came up with it first!   :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:44_12_HondoTX_1.jpg

In 1930, the local Hondo Lions Club erected the now somewhat famous sign reading "This is God's Country, Don't Drive Through It Like Hell" at the city limits with the intention of slowing down those speeding while traveling through town. Later, in the 1940s the sign was changed to "This is God's Country, Please Don't Drive Through It Like Hell" to satisfy those in the town who were displeased with the tone of the old sign. [1] The sign has been in news and print in many magazines, including on the cover of National Geographic, and in the music video of Little Texas' song "God Blessed Texas."

Edited by fotomoto

I just had my fourth 700 mile tank in a row. I did not break my record, though. It was 701 miles (I can post a picture if you would like). My mpg was 56.1 on the car computer. I was on the way to a 735 mile tank, but I was driving for 20 miles with 0 miles left until empty on the odometer. So, I stopped to fill up. Turns out, I must have had a huge air bubble in my tank after my last fillup because the car said I used 12.46 gallons, but the pump said 13.2!   I sure am glad I stopped to fill up.    :)

The weather looks perfect this week. I am going to push HARD for 58mpg on this tank. That would put me over 750 miles. Hmm, I have my doubts. But, we shall see.    :)

Of course, I know better than to predict anything. That seems to be a guarantee of failure. But, I will do my absolute best........

Jus is looking like he will be the king at some point because of his new work route. So, I need to do all I can to spur him on!    ;)

Matt

Edited by Recumpence

Oi, I ain't no king...mod, maybe...but then again, I can't even ban myself even after a bad beer night :doh: 

My MPG is now down to 54.4MPG, been struggling to get it up in the high 50s since the 3.5.1 debacle and even with a 68.8 and 50.5 trip back today, its hardly gone up. Tank is sitting at 313 miles at the moment with 5.75 gallons used. Its gonna be a long tank but you know what - I don't mind at all, better than filling up each week and this tank might make me go 3 weeks before the end :yahoo:

Oi, I ain't no king...mod, maybe...but then again, I can't even ban myself even after a bad beer night :doh:

My MPG is now down to 54.4MPG, :drool:

been struggling to get it up in the high 50s since the 3.5.1 debacle and even with a 68.8 and 50.5 trip back today, its hardly gone up. Tank is sitting at 313 miles at the moment with 5.75 gallons used. Its gonna be a long tank but you know what - I don't mind at all, better than filling up each week and this tank might make me go 3 weeks before the end :yahoo:

Oh, just sux to be you, doesn't it now Jus?!?!?!

:worship:   :hi5:  :superhero:

Edited by Adair

It does...but I didn't say anything about the cool 75F here and the sunshine - although we still have some smoke from the fires in Santa Clarita..... ;)

Yeah, I was thinking about your family and the fires. Glad to hear you're ok.................even it it sux to be you  :stirpot: