600+Mile CMax Club

Jus-A-CMax

what would be cool is to see on here or another thread just for it, to see which user with the LOWEST Fuelly avg can get on the 600 mile club

As my signature shows, I am at 41.6 lifetime.  Right now my Cmax is sitting in the parking lot with 590.0 miles on this tank and it shows 16 miles to empty.  This tank should be somewhere around 46-47MPG (Scangage is reading 46.4mpg, Cmax says 49.2mpg, scangage is usually closer).  Thinking of taking a little ride at lunch to break the 600 point and post the picture.

The worse tank I ever had was an expresswway trip out of state. I saw 38.6mpg (IIRC).

Matt

Lucky you. Try hauling the wifeys butt & kitchen sink to Mammoth in the below freezing temps - that did MAJOR damage to my fuelly. Right now I am 46.9 Lifetime. I guess these recent huge tanks are payback, finally. 33.4 there for a couple of trips over 285 miles each trip = major ugh.

Edited by Jus-A-CMax

Here is my latest tank, gas was 87 octane E10. I filled up with 93 octane E10 to see if I can catch up to Matt and Jus...

My lifetime is showing 47.5 ( non-reset from dealer)

And I put in 12.57 gal this fill ($50 OUCH)

onward from here!

Bill,

You gotta run it out to 13 gallons. You would have broken 675 on this tank if you had.   :)

Matt

Updated Post # 1 with ScubaDadMiami, HannahWCU and updated FRBill!!! Banner couple of days!!! Way to go, guys!!!

Thanks for the update, you posted:

HannahWCU (603.2/273 EV), using 12.20 gallons @ 49.4 MPG, member since 6.19.13

But my profile lists: Member Since 08 Jan 2013. 

I only mention this because it puts me as the oldest member (oldest as in, been a member the longest) to join the 600 Mile Club!

Thanks for the update, you posted:

HannahWCU (603.2/273 EV), using 12.20 gallons @ 49.4 MPG, member since 6.19.13

But my profile lists: Member Since 08 Jan 2013. 

I only mention this because it puts me as the oldest member (oldest as in, been a member the longest) to join the 600 Mile Club!

I think it's when you joined the 600 mile club............unless I'm mistaken. Jus?

12.44 gallons at the pump

12 miles better to this tank than my last one. I was hoping for 650, but needed to fill up for work tomorrow. I also have had a check engine light on for P043E code. Hopefully with the update Monday and getting this check engine light fixed the Dealership won't kill my mpg.

post-1069-0-43335800-1371690497_thumb.jpg

Edited by KAL Cmax

I noticed something on my navigation screen while driving those last couple of miles to hit 600. I was using the navigation because I am kind of new to the area and didn't want to get lost while so low on fuel. My navigation was showing every gas station that was near me! I guess the Cmax was trying to tell me something.

That is so great!  Will have to see that on the next tank.  Any idea when that starts to come up on the screen, e.g., when you get to the yellow or red zone on the gas gauge?  I was using NAV in the yellow zone, and I didn't see it.  I filled before going to the red.

That is so great! Will have to see that on the next tank. Any idea when that starts to come up on the screen, e.g., when you get to the yellow or red zone on the gas gauge? I was using NAV in the yellow zone, and I didn't see it. I filled before going to the red.

I have no idea when it came on, but since you didn't see it in the yellow. I am guessing red. I will keep an eye out for it going forward.

OK, I feel stupid. I thought Member Since was referring to member of the board, not member of the club. Excuse me while I go sit in the corner with the pointy hat on.

Oh, silly, you don't have to do that!

Just kneel and kiss my ring :hysterical:

OK, here is my entry into the 600 mile tank club. This was the second tank for the car, not including the original one from the dealer.

post-303-0-52537500-1371785768_thumb.jpg

I probably could have gone a few more miles but the gas station was right there and it seemed an appropriate time to fill up. This was on regular 87 octane fuel and included a couple of 100+ mile trips on the interstate. Normally I cool the interior with open windows but the highway trips were using air conditioning. The receipt at the pump showed 12.522 gallons.

Based on what I have seen driving around town at 40-45 MPH, I think a 700 mile tank is possible but I will leave that to more adventerous drivers. Getting mid-50 MPG on local streets requires attention but is certainly possible and what I get on most commutes. If I had to drive all day in those conditions it wouldn't be too much trouble to have at least a 650 mile tank. Unfortunately I drive to work and the car sits until it is time to go home.

the gas stations show up thing is probably a setting in the nav menu to use it or not to show points of interests (POIs). in a lot of portable GPS units you can select which ones you want to see, like food, gas, entertainment, etc.never seen these turn on if low on gas but if the cmax has that feature its pretty cool.