600+Mile CMax Club

Jus-A-CMax

Congratulations SnitGTS # 26 member of the 600+ mile club!!! Do you have the lowest total miles of any member entry? That's just amazing!!!! Can't wait to take the new list to my dealer tomorrow!!!

Awh...you're gonna miss my 800, not going to post it up until this time tomorrow ;)

Well, I won't be going to pick up Jelly til after 5pm EDT, so if you get it posted B4 4:30 let me know. I can always print another copy!

No chance, I won't be home until nealy 7:30PM tomorrow evening. I forgot I have a haircut.

Now if I obsessed, I would have got my haircut a week before to save the weight and add 0.25 miles :doh:

Congratulations SnitGTS # 26 member of the 600+ mile club!!! Do you have the lowest total miles of any member entry? That's just amazing!!!! Can't wait to take the new list to my dealer tomorrow!!!

ScubaDadMiami got it on his first tank.  I would have had it on my first tank but the dealer didn't reset the trip gauges and I drove around for 37 miles before resetting the trip gauges, so I 'officially' ended my first tank at 570 miles.  (even though I actually drove 607 miles before filling up the first time)

I got my car on May 11th and I just filled up for the second time today, that's amazing!

ScubaDadMiami got it on his first tank.  I would have had it on my first tank but the dealer didn't reset the trip gauges and I drove around for 37 miles before resetting the trip gauges, so I 'officially' ended my first tank at 570 miles.  (even though I actually drove 607 miles before filling up the first time)

I got my car on May 11th and I just filled up for the second time today, that's amazing!

700 is next :drool:

LOL, I am watching the Ford Escape add on cable as I type this....with that chick who compares her Ford to the beemer. Great MPG in an Escape with the ecoboost. O'rely :hysterical:

Edited by Jus-A-CMax

I'm working on plotting out an all side street, <=40 mph course to work, but I'm not sure it exists without driving through a few crappy towns I'd rather avoid though.  If I come up with a route it will take me at least a month to hit 7-800 miles, I'm going to be away for a week on a business trip to Houston so that's a 0 mile week for me.  Plus, I've been working from home a lot lately so it'll be that much longer...

I'll give it a try for a few days to see if I can keep my mileage up enough to hit those marks.

Edit: I figured out a route, not sure if I'm going to be able to keep it up though, it's a 40 minute ride according to Google and my normal route is 25 minutes.  I'll give it a try and see what happens.

Edited by SnitGTS

I passed the 600 mile mark at 719 vehicle miles, first tank of gas on the vehicle.  My C-MAX had 113 miles on it at delivery, and I drove five miles to the gas station from the dealer.

Ooops! So sorry SDM. Poor short term memory. Chalk it up to a *senior moment* (There, I've done it now..........given Jus a free pass)

Now that it is getting warmer all over the country, everyone should be hitting 600 miles, if you drive responsibly.  I used 13.1 gallons at the pump to get my 600+.  I was only just barely over the 600, but I am not serious enough about hypermiling as others are.  I don't carry around a gas can for the last 50 miles, I stop before the line on the dash hits E.  It can be red and not bother me around the city. However, if I knew it would be a few miles before the next station, I would refill even sooner.  I have no doubt that if I stop letting my wife drive the car, I would be able to hit the 700 mark during the summer without trying all that hard.  Now, 800+, that's a pretty high bar for what we have seen so far out of these cars.  That is some skill and preparation, which is fun, just doesn't fit in my schedule.

Note about the wife...Do you realize how hard it is to keep your wife from driving your car for 600+ miles (or about a month of my driving)

:banghead:   :censored:

I'm going on a trip to visit my parent's in a couple weeks up interstate 81.  The speed limit is mostly 70 with mountains and rolling hills.  I also plotted a route on route 11 or 220 with 55 mph speed limits and found that it would take me twice as long and cost about $2  more for gas.  I need to do some serious thinking on how to get my 600 mile tank in town.  Okay it's time to put my passengers to sleep  :sos: .   Any ideas?  

snig, did you plot the "ECO/GREEN" route choice? you can also force it to avoid highways/freeways.

I did try the 'avoid highways' option, but it seems to only consider 'freeways' with 65 mph speed limits to be highways.  It is still trying to send me down a local highway where the speed limit is 50 and people give you the bird if you are not at least doing 60.  I found a 40 mph and less route that avoids the bad areas around here, but it is a zig-zagging route that adds 15 minutes to my 20-25 minute commute and I'm not sure I'm ok with that.  

I do get 67-72 mpg on my commute to work, so maybe I'll try it coming home for a few days and see what happens.  I 'only' get 42-47 mpg on my trip home.

I made it to 700! Just as Jus is making it to 800+ (The King is Jus - Long Live the King :worship: ) 704.1 is a tank I am very proud of. I suspect this will be my last super tank as my routes pretty much are set and this is the absolute highest MPG I think I can wring out of the Max at this time. That and Gas Prices are so volatile where I live that I want to fill any time there is a dip, because when the dip reverts it is typically very close to $4 a gallon. I am really proud of my little car and hope to keep the mileage up! 

:rockon:

Onward 600 Club!
Edited by frbill

I made it to 700! Just as Jus is making it to 800+ (The King is Jus - Long Live the King :worship: ) 704.1 is a tank I am very proud of. I suspect this will be my last super tank as my routes pretty much are set and this is the absolute highest MPG I think I can wring out of the Max at this time. That and Gas Prices are so volatile where I live that I want to fill any time there is a dip, because when the dip reverts it is typically very close to $4 a gallon. I am really proud of my little car and hope to keep the mileage up! 

:rockon:

Onward 600 Club!

Freaking awesome frbill!!!!! Congratulations.  I think overtime more 700s and a few more 800s can be reached but at these high miles, the air is thin indeed and tough, tough to get.  Matt had 4 and more tanks at 700+, I think I hold the most at 10+ tanks at 600+ miles...so now you're in the rarified air of 700.

Enjoy the view :camera: & :rockon:

I'll get to Post#1 tonight unless Adair gets there first.

Edited by Jus-A-CMax

Freaking awesome frbill!!!!! Congratulations.  I think overtime more 700s and a few more 800s can be reached but at these high miles, the air is thin indeed and tough, tough to get.  Matt had 4 and more tanks at 700+, I think I hold the most at 10+ tanks at 600+ miles...so now you're in the rarified air of 700.

Enjoy the view :camera: & :rockon:

I'll get to Post#1 tonight unless Adair gets there first.

Let me add my congratulations, frbill!!! And you're updated on Post #!!!

New personal best tank for me...a few more miles on a bit less gas than my previous high, but honestly I think I could have done as well on every tank since I first posted. I think I could have ground this one out to 660 mi, but I was too far from home and without an emergency can of gas. Premium gas on this tank, but I'm going back to regular after having used premium the last 3 tanks and not seen much difference in mpg. This tank was primarily freeway driving.. Think I'm gonna have to stay on surface streets if I wanna get to the 700 mi club !

post-358-0-88243000-1372370091_thumb.jpg

Edited by davidwitham

833.8 miles. See http://fordcmaxhybridforum.com/topic/2316-journey-to-800-miles-on-a-single-tank-in-a-c-max-hybrid/

I think I am going to go on a "MPG-free vacation" for a wee while. Be nice to feel the breeze of over over 60+ mph :hysterical:

Side Note: I just added my fuelly. I actually topped up (naughty, naughty I know but who cares). Anyway, I entered my fuelly.com and decided to check out the other CMax fuellys and there is a 724 miles by "Super Sipper". So there are others out there with more than 700 miles to join frbill, Matt and I

Edited by Jus-A-CMax

New personal best tank for me...a few more miles on a bit less gas than my previous high, but honestly I think I could have done as well on every tank since I first posted. I think I could have ground this one out to 660 mi, but I was too far from home and without an emergency can of gas. Premium gas on this tank, but I'm going back to regular after having used premium the last 3 tanks and not seen much difference in mpg. This tank was primarily freeway driving.. Think I'm gonna have to stay on surface streets if I wanna get to the 700 mi club !

Updated, great job!

700 club means you do most of your tank on surface streets. Mid 700s - all surface streets. 800 for those who can truly max their terrain, conditions and drive. 900 - granny driver at speeds no more than 20 mph, zero traffic lights and zero traffic. I can't see how 900 is possible but I have been wrong before with the 700, unless there is some aspect of this car that we have not discovered YET.

IMO, 833 is doable again. As for me, I am on a MPG-free vacation to refresh on this tank. Gonna do some testing including mythbusting if SLOW acceleration (1 bar) vs 2 Bar acceleration is the best. High battery vs low battery at end. If there is anything else you want me to play with - other than the stupid premium vs regular gas, I'll add it in. My fuelly only jumped up 0.5 for all those miles, that suxs :sad:

Matt, all yours mate, go climb :rockon:

Edited by Jus-A-CMax

It only took 14 fill ups to make 600 miles on one tank. Was on fumes.  Mileage to empty was zero and the gas gage showed a red line under the E indicator.  Put in 13.22 gallons so I was cutting it close.  Indicated gallons used was 12.48 gallons.  I wish Ford would fix the gallons used.  I range 3 to 7% error when I fill up.

Now after reading about 700+ miles on a tankful, I feel so inadequate.  I guess a new goal to shoot for.

post-326-0-85986700-1372442147_thumb.jpg

DTE is not very accurate. I managed 25 miles past 0 miles DTE with gas still in the tank. Feathering is the fine art/science of gliding the car with minimal drag allowing the car to stretch a pulse over a longish distance. There are posts discussing Pulse and Glide(P&G) techniques of which feathering is one. Check those out and then try it out yourself.