600+Mile CMax Club

Jus-A-CMax

Freaking awesome frbill!!!!! Congratulations.  I think overtime more 700s and a few more 800s can be reached but at these high miles, the air is thin indeed and tough, tough to get.  Matt had 4 and more tanks at 700+, I think I hold the most at 10+ tanks at 600+ miles...so now you're in the rarified air of 700.

Enjoy the view :camera: & :rockon:

I'll get to Post#1 tonight unless Adair gets there first.

I currently have 15 over 600mi with 30,132 miles. Time for second oil change.

I'm almost finished with my divorce and it has really done a number on me. I just extended My warranty to 100K and 4years. I do to much highway to be able to get past 650miles. I just drove 3K miles this weekend.  

Ouch, sorry to hear that mate. well...welcome back...we missed ya but we had A LOT of excitement here as well. Yeah, same here...anything with more than 50% freeway will kill the MPG. Now if you can get a lot of 55mph highway, that may work...but the real strength of the car is definitely way low at the 35-45mph zone. That I know.

Hey did u get the 3.5.1 update?

Edited by Jus-A-CMax

Ouch, sorry to hear that mate. well...welcome back...we missed ya but we had A LOT of excitement here as well. Yeah, same here...anything with more than 50% freeway will kill the MPG. Now if you can get a lot of 55mph highway, that may work...but the real strength of the car is definitely way low at the 35-45mph zone. That I know.

Hey did u get the 3.5.1 update?

Yes I did, but my iphone3 keeps getting drop in the middle of phone calls. They blame it on my phone. Looking at going to 4 or 5iphone.  The rain and wind are the biggest killers of MPG's.

At least 80K to 100K, a few more years and see what comes out.

Ditto.  I have a 10 year/ 100k warranty on the hybrid system and everything connected to it.  Hoping that once the system dies (again hoping for close to 80-100k), that they replace it and I get another one good for an additional 65+k miles after that.  Worst case scenario, I am with Jus.

I'm at 504 miles on my tank with 89 miles to E (45.3 mpg). I probably won't push it, but I know I mentioned before that I doubt I'd ever come close to 600 due to my wife struggling with the mileage. Well, I think she's improved dramatically, and 4th of July weekend traffic proved ideal for the C-Max. Somehow seeing that we were getting 60 mpg in a traffic jam took a lot of the frustration out of driving in holiday traffic  :dance:

I also learned that you can get 45+ mpg drafting 30-40 ft behind a trailer at 75 mph  :rockon: I wouldn't try that behind a freight truck though. Even at that distance they kick back too much debris.

I'm back from my 550 mile trip without making the 600 mile tank.  I took it to the limit but had to fill up when I knew I'd be driving up long hills at 60+ mph.  I think it was a good attempt and will work out the kinks next time.  Here are the pictures i took:  null_zps768f6b9e.jpg?t=1373544632

It's a good thing I didn't make 600 mile tank because I forgot to take a picture before I filled up the tank.  :doh:  Live and learn.  I'll have more questions for Jus when I have more time to ask.   :detective:  Thanks for your help.  Overall I upped my mpg by 2 mpg.  After calculating my fuel I got 43 mpg.  

I'm already a member of the 600 mile club but I had only squeeked by before. This is a better representation of what the car can do with my driving style. Just FYI, this was done on 87 octane fuel.

Sweet tank.  I am hoping for a similar one right now, as my goal of 700 got shot down after a road trip with a full vehicle.

Sweet tank.  I am hoping for a similar one right now, as my goal of 700 got shot down after a road trip with a full vehicle.

Its tough to do the 700, let alone the 800....conditions :airquote: the stars :gold_star:  have to be just right and you better pray the leprechaun riding a unicorn pays you a visit to drop you the bucket of MPG gold . Yeah I know.... :needphotos:

How fast were you going, you averaged 25mph.

I spend a lot of time in idle, so if someone where to use my trip 2 time and divide my miles, etc, you would not get an accurate average speed.  Are you factoring in things like that when you calculate off other pics?

Timer....its an old discussion - this is starting to rise as my pet peeve...ha...I do have something to :airquote: complain about, after all...

yes to me the car should have a timer (to show avg mph speeds over your tank) for driving time not idle time so you can determine your city/hwy splits info for fuelly more accurately.

Timer....its an old discussion - this is starting to rise as my pet peeve...ha...I do have something to :airquote: complain about, after all...

As others have said, the timer keeps running even if I am sitting at a stop light or waiting to pick someone up. It really isn't a good indicator of.....anything. As another time reference, that tank represented driving 660 miles from June 20 to July 15.

There really was no average speed. The miles were mostly commuting and around town driving (40-45MPH) with some (15% maybe) highway miles (50+MPH). That tank had far less interstate miles than my previous ones. My commute is only 7 miles so the engine is still cold for a greater percentage of that. If I had a longer drive to work I would be getting over 55MPG rather than the 48-55MPG that I am getting now.

Early on I thought I had a shot at a 700 mile tank but as some have already noticed, fuel usage seems to be greater for the second half of the tank than the first half. 700 miles is certainly doable but requires paying attention as well as keeping to slower roads. 800 miles is just crazy.

That was the 3rd tank that I purchased since getting the car, my data so far is:

Tank 1

Miles: 509.6

Fuel used, car display: 11.50

Fuel used, pump display: 11.62

MPG, car display: 44.2

MPG, actual: 43.9

Tank 2

Miles: 600.9

Fuel used, car display:12.47

Fuel used, pump display: 12.52

MPG, car display: 48.1

MPG, actual: 48.0

Tank 3

Miles: 660.0

Fuel used, car display: 12.37

Fuel used, pump display: 12.81

MPG, car display: 53.3

MPG, actual: 51.5

Milage may be up and down but it sure beats the 17MPG I was getting with my last vehicle.