600+Mile CMax Club

Jus-A-CMax

Jus, I will be in line for those mods ASAP, provided they make them retro to us and they give us a price break for being EAs.  Sure hope they continue to take good care of us.  Ecstatic about the $550.  Nick  PS  like you said, plenty of time - perhaps just an asterisk on 13s, or just noting the year going forward.

I'll go for the aero mods if Ford offers them to '13 owners.  I know this has probably been defined somewhere in another post, but want are the changes to aerodynamics in 2014?  Curious.

OK, one last update for me (???).  Here is our last tank & fuel up.  Went about 5 miles past the '0 to empty' reading.  Probably left some miles in the tank.

DSC 4416

DSC 4422

Time to hit the track and start looking for low numbers instead of high numbers? :superhero:

FWIW, our numbers seem to be tracking upward with the update. (spooked at first thinking they were falling off)

Hypersmiling :)  :)  :) ,

Nick

PS  At the pump:  12.67 gallons, 50.5 MPG

Edited by C-MaxSeattle

Yeah, you have lil under 3/4 gallon left in the tank fwiw...but play safe. Well done, HUGE JUMP up the 600+ Miles Club ranking, jus by a nose over 11StiLimited.

Interesting, its gone quiet on the 700+ Club, c'mon Maxers, lets see u shoot some up there... :)

Edited by Jus-A-CMax

Yeah, you have lil under 3/4 gallon left in the tank fwiw...but play safe. Well done, HUGE JUMP up the 600+ Miles Club ranking, jus by a nose over 11StiLimited.

Interesting, its gone quiet on the 700+ Club, c'mon Maxers, lets see u shoot some up there... :)

Not for long, lol.  I am expecting 660+ out of this tank.  Was aiming for 700, but that isn't looking very good right now.

Grats C-MaxSeattle! Welcome to the 600 club :D

some have posted in other threads that the 2nd half of the tank goes quicker than the first. :( good luck on getting into the club.

ah, darn.

well it does seem like the miles to empty have been decreasing more than the actual miles traveled.

a few pics showed that people used 12.9 gallons.  what's the most gas you all would recommend burning?  

if the weather was slightly cooler I would have used the AC slightly less the last few days, but when it is high 80s I just can't manage.  

Where to place the most faith - the 'miles to empty' or 'gallons used'?  The obvious answer being the 'gallons used', knowing that the 'miles to empty' always (?) runs out before the tank goes dry.  The real question being how much faith to place in the 'gallons used'? Can it be trusted up to say 12.5, 12.75, 13.0 gallons (flat terrain.....) ? 

Similarly, what have some of you experienced in actual miles traveled after hitting the '0 miles to empty' point - 10, 20, 30?  I only dared 5 extra miles on my last / 640 tank. Another obvious consideration being the battery SOC & terrain.  (Hmmm, maybe try to hit '0' at the top of a 50 mile downhill slope - no, that would be cheating.)  Anyway, assuming normal slopes and EV/ICE splits, how many miles of ICE driving would you recommend after '0 miles to empty'?

Sorry if this is too much of a rehash,

Nick

Edited by C-MaxSeattle

Its a rehash but no worries. I always use the Trip1 or 2 gallons used number. Miles to empty is useless and its also based on your recent driving history and can fluctuate. See my Nutz thread as proof of this.

Now, I only take it to 13.0 gallons and I would ONLY BARELY go past it only when I know I "topped off" on my gas. In all my tanks, I only konked out once. Also, you know how much a ICE burn is, for me, its about 0.01 for a 2 second burn on city driving so if you are 12.30, you know you have about 20 miles safely on flat city. If you decide to drive mountains ala Nutz, you better carry a spare gas.

Hope this helps  :)

when you ran out of gas did you have any problems starting the engine again?

Yeah, I had 12 AAA trucks there and in the end it had to be hauled off to Galpin so that they can rip out and work on the fuel pump, rebore the cylinders and replace both EV motors  :cry:

....damnit, bad, bad, bad sushi.... :drop:

Nah, it was fine. Pour the gas in and away Maxine went. ptjones and I have both ran out, him more than me and ok  :headspin:

Lost in the numbers here Jus, but I’ll definitely take the 20 additional ‘safe’ ICE miles, going from 12.3 to 13.0 gallons used – i.e. trusting the gallons used readings.  Still spooky venturing past "0", may never get there again, but if I do .........

(Let’s see, .7 gal/0.01 = 70 - 2 sec. burns = 140 sec.. 20 miles/140 sec = 514 mph – way cool!  :superhero:  :superhero:  :superhero: )

I'm sure I got the numbers wrong, but I like them!

Nick

Edited by C-MaxSeattle

Yeah, I had 12 AAA trucks there and in the end it had to be hauled off to Galpin so that they can rip out and work on the fuel pump, rebore the cylinders and replace both EV motors :cry:

....damnit, bad, bad, bad sushi.... :drop:

Nah, it was fine. Pour the gas in and away Maxine went. ptjones and I have both ran out, him more than me and ok :headspin:

lol

Just missed out on the 600+ club by 2 miles on last fillup, was running on 0 miles left for 20 miles so had to hit the gas station. Hopefully next tank...

Drat, so close caszorc, it won't be long I'm sure!  Like your estimate of 20 miles on '0'; helps me/us confirm what is prudent.  I would love to know what your fill-up numbers were to help confirm how low your tank was - can you divulge?

Thanks, & cheers in advance on your future 600!

Nick

Edited by C-MaxSeattle

Congratz Jmonty! A breeze eh! Those last few miles can be a bit tense. Nick

Thanks! I just wanted to do it at least once. For this next tank of gas in just going to enjoy my car, use my ac, and drive how I feel like.

Maybe in the fall I'll get 600+ again. No way I'd have the patience or skill to break 700! That's crazy.

post-143-0-56945900-1378079991_thumb.jpg I have had 4 actual tanks of 13.85 to 13.96gal and I don't think the smart gauge has been higher than 12.9gal. I only ran out once. Not a problem, it started right up when I put gas in it. I need to post my iphone pic of my latest record 668.1mi (678.1 actual) 425.4EV, 51.7mpg(50.5actual) and 12.9gal (13.5gal actual).

IMO so far the new update hasn't made much of a difference in HWY MPG's and I think I lose about 2mpg with A/C on.

Edited by ptjones

I have had 4 actual tanks of 13.85 to 13.96gal and I don't think the smart gauge has been higher than 12.9gal. I only ran out once. Not a problem, it started right up when I put gas in it. I need to post my iphone pic of my latest record 668.1mi (678.1 actual) 425.4EV, 51.7mpg(50.5actual) and 12.9gal (13.5gal actual).

IMO so far the new update hasn't made much of a difference in HWY MPG's and I think I lose about 2mpg with A/C on.

i was looking forward to seeing how i did on the interstate yesterday but there was so much traffic i couldn't get an accurate reading.  it was about 44 mpg on the way up to denver and about 41 on the way back with.  the return trip there was a lot of stop time with the AC blasting, but overall i was happy.

with the changes i'd expect at least 39 mpg at a constant 75-80 mph. maybe a few more since my engine should be fully broken in now. 

I have had 4 actual tanks of 13.85 to 13.96gal and I don't think the smart gauge has been higher than 12.9gal. I only ran out once. Not a problem, it started right up when I put gas in it. I need to post my iphone pic of my latest record 668.1mi (678.1 actual) 425.4EV, 51.7mpg(50.5actual) and 12.9gal (13.5gal actual).

PT.  How do you account for the 13.85 to 13.96 'actuals'?  Is the tank a little larger than they tell us or might that be the extra volume of the tank's fill tube? (Hope it does not reflect an inaccurate pump?)  Nick  (Looks like we have a real capacity of 13.9 gallons, and a reason to 'shut it down' at around 12.5 - 7)

Edited by C-MaxSea