600+Mile CMax Club

Jus-A-CMax

Hi all,

So to those who have hit the 600 mile club what should I be shooting for as far as per tank MPG. I am getting right now about 45 mpog for this tank. Will I be able to reach the vaunted 600 mile mark. I do realize that I still need to break in the car, I just got over 1000 miles last night. But I really want to join this club :worship: . Any info on what I need to shoot for would be appreciated

Hi all,

So to those who have hit the 600 mile club what should I be shooting for as far as per tank MPG. I am getting right now about 45 mpog for this tank. Will I be able to reach the vaunted 600 mile mark. I do realize that I still need to break in the car, I just got over 1000 miles last night. But I really want to join this club :worship: . Any info on what I need to shoot for would be appreciated

That is a very good start. Now to break the 600 miles per tank, you have to hit at least 47MPG for the tank. Take a look at my fuelly stats to give u a better idea. This means u have to be frugal in your driving habits - no climbing ridiculous grades at 65+ mph, feather your EV (most people here would go 100% EV when in reality, you can probably do with 40-50% EV but keep an eye on your speed to check how much EV and yet, be wary of your traffic conditions. I always start in from zero in EV to about 10mph or 15mp and then kick in the ICE to get up to speed (some people here do the reverse as well) but thats based on my experience this is the most effective use of the batts (advantage torque) and gas. Also, KNOW your routes to maximize for EV and you will be willing to trade time for mileage. The latter is the hardest to do since most people are in the "gas" driving mode...zoom, zoom, zoom while I tend to relax to the music in the car and get there when I get there. This does not mean I do silly slow speeds either and freeways, I do 60-65mph or run the ICE High MPG if I know I have a long stretch of uphill grade (see what I mean by knowing your road).

There is a TON of information here especially in the Fuel Mileage and Driving Habits section, go read 'em. Some may work, some may not and its what u believe works for u aka your secret sauce, that  will get u your 1st 600 mile tank. 

So frbill, its a great start to hit 45MPG with less than 1000 miles on the tank but be patient   :rockon:  - and go get yourself a 2 gallon spare when your fuel gauge hit yellow (and some towels cause you're gonna sweat it as your "estimated miles go zero")   ;)

Edited by Jus-A-CMax

Hi all,

Your smart gauge should be aleast 46mpg because it reads high, I did it with 44.9 actualmpg.

Just got my 5th 600mi tank. 604.2mi,13.49gal and 44.9mpg. I can't wait for it to warm up. And who said Grill Covers don't work?

The trip gauge had 595.3mi, 318.8EV, 46.7mpg and 12.74gal and I adjusted for odometer and actual gallons.

Woo wee....man that is low MPG to break the 600...u got a pic of this so I can put it up on Post #1? 

I've got 332 miles showing on my first half of the current tank.  If this pattern repeats itself in the second half?  I could be looking at a 600mile tank?  Fingers crossed, but experience has shown me that fuel consumption rates are not the same in both halves of a tank.  My best has been 520miles.

Edited by mtb9153

Question for Jus-a-Cmax and PTjones,  what are your general HVAC settings?  

HVAC is mostly off but it is also dependent on the cabin temps. During Jan/Feb I don't need any hvac as the temps are high 50s to mid 60s, at most I would turn on just the fan and only when I am cruising on the freeway.

This week, the needle was tipping 80+ and I have the AC on for some legs when I am on the freeway. However, when I am cruising the streets shooting comps, I have the window down anyway, make my life a lot easier and no reflections in my pictures.

Now, when I have the wifey in the car and we're going to or fro Mammoth Lakes, she prefers the heating on vs the seats. I still see some pretty great MPGs with the heating on (I don't dare tell her "no"  ;) )

So, imo, use the AC when the heat is on, I don't see any drop in my MPGs with it on vs off but may be thats the way I drive.

Jus, I just figured out that our car will be in the 600 club as soon as we pick it up at the dealer!  It goes from Wayne, MI to Baltimore (so I understand) and then to my dealer.  That's 676 miles - and on less than one tank.  So, its in the club from the start.  OK?  Any objection? :hysterical: Just want to get off to a good start.

SS

Jus, I just figured out that our car will be in the 600 club as soon as we pick it up at the dealer!  It goes from Wayne, MI to Baltimore (so I understand) and then to my dealer.  That's 676 miles - and on less than one tank.  So, its in the club from the start.  OK?  Any objection? :hysterical: Just want to get off to a good start.

SS

:drool:  Your brilliance & enthusiasm are to be commended, now....go make yourself a slushie from your username dude... :hysterical:

:rockon:

After 3 days at 85 degrees that's one great suggestion - heat does weird things to ya...  But I do intend to make the club - have done 500+ in the Fit.

No worries, I got #4 spot reserved for you. When it happens, make sure you take a pic of it, save it for prospectity! Man, you must be so itching to get your CMax - but at least you know you'll have the much-vaunted 3.5.1 MFT!!!!! 

Edited by Jus-A-CMax

New personal record:

8644481310_35f58a3efb.jpg

Unadjusted. My actual tank fill up was 12.746, interesting that Maxine reported more gas used. Usually, its the other way around  ;)

Updated Post#1. This one I was sweating...it broke all barriers and I had some mountains to climb as I went along Kanan ro Malibu and then Topanga back to the valley thru to Burbank Costco for a tank up.

It was a beautiful, beautiful day along Malbu and I wished I had time to jump into the beach area and enjoy...but alas no.

:rockon:
Edited by Jus-A-CMax

Jus-A-CMax,  what happened to your fuelly avg. After that last tank you should be in the 45 mpg range.

This... 

4/12/13 640.0 162.75 3.9 4.099 35%

Somehow, a naughty "6" got in my gallons used, the receipt said 12.75 gallons and it ended up reporting "162.75" gallons used  :runaway:

I have emailed fuelly so hopefully, they can delete this record and I can re-enter  :)

Edited by Jus-A-CMax

This... 

4/12/13 640.0 162.75 3.9 4.099 35%

Somehow, a naughty "6" got in my gallons used, the receipt said 12.75 gallons and it ended up reporting "162.75" gallons used  :runaway:

I have emailed fuelly so hopefully, they can delete this record and I can re-enter  :)

I did that once, but you should be able to delete and edit the record yourself by using the log book section.