600+Mile CMax Club

Jus-A-CMax

on my last 600+ tank  I still had 1 gallon in the tank..  good for 50 miles....

Boomer,  do you fish much?  Trolling in So CA  is supposed to be pretty good...

I think Boomer was a bit over the top, but as a CA resident, I always keep a quarter tank available (well, almost always). The next natural disaster is always on our minds...

I'm gonna laugh like heck at you guys when you run your gas tank down to E and go those "extra" miles to get to the "magic mileage club" and then think you can get gas at some station just as Mother Nature does a number on you:  Earthquake, lightning strike, tornado, or some disaster comes along and you cannot fill up at a station because the power is out to fill up your empty baby, and you don't have enough to get home or ANYWHERE because it affects pumping over a wide area, AND/OR an earthquake hits and destroys bridges between you and wherever you need to go, so you have to take ALTERNATE routes to get to where you need to go, which will take longer.  So, fellow Hybrid babies, just WHAT is your alternate plan?

Unlike non Hybrid(ICE) Vehicle the CMAX doesn't stop when you run out of gas, you just keep EVing along until your HVB gets low, 1/2 to 2+ miles depending on your SOC. You also get a yellow gas symbol when you hit 80mi. to go. If you are going for a record it would be wise to put a 2 gallon gas can in the car when you are getting close to empty, it's worth at least 80mi. and if you are real good 140mi. LOL :) 

Paul 

:noobie: WHAT is your alternate plan?

Our fully armored, lead-lined C-MAX Hybrid milspec Special Ops edition with Equipment Group 403A (weapons systems upgrades) only gets 16 gallons per mile now, but hey, that's just a tiny little inconvenience compared with the inevitable threat of simultaneous terrorist insurrection, nuclear attack, and sharknado here in the heartland within the next 90 minutes.

And, we should qualify for the 0.6 Mile Club with a little fuel to spare, Ger.

Our fully armored, lead-lined C-MAX Hybrid milspec Special Ops edition with Equipment Group 403A (weapons systems upgrades) only gets 16 gallons per mile now, but hey, that's just a tiny little inconvenience compared with the inevitable threat of simultaneous terrorist insurrection, nuclear attack, and sharknado here in the heartland within the next 90 minutes.

And, we should qualify for the 0.6 Mile Club with a little fuel to spare, Ger.

I want to see a picture, I've seen the Hyundia Zombie mobile at Atlanta Car Show. LOL :)

Paul

Hey BoomerGer ~ You need to move to Nebraska where you needn't worry about the next Big One. Of course, you will need sheepskin-lined coat, hat & boots to survive, but they don't weigh much nor take any gas to wear. No need to chopshop your C-Max. There is that one little threat that occurs once in awhile... a supercell tornado... but just hit the ditch & hover there for a few minutes while it passes overhead. Since Nebraska is relatively flat & traffic quite light, your MPG will be much higher than in So Cal.

• 2 months later...

Any chance of indicating which drivers have ENERGI models on the list?  It is a bit oranges to apples, otherwise

You don't have to worry about Energies sneaking in as they would be rather obvious.  I went 5,000+ miles on the dealers "free" tank of gas.   That wasn't easy for me.  Just like all the entries here, I had to work hard at it.

In spite of stop and go traffic, rain, wind, driving 75mph on I-95, wife making me stop so she could take pictures, etc. during our trip from Newnan, GA to Florida...finally stopped at 7-Eleven gas station in Spring Hill, FL...902.2 miles!!!! With engine still running!

PT,

Picture says 14.13 gallons.  How much did you actually pump? 

Are we talking world record number of fill-up gallons here?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks jus for updating 600 Mile Club!  Hopefully in couple months when temps go up we will see some new members. :happy feet:

I still see 1000 mile tank possible, but everything has to work in your favor for a thousand miles. Very hard to do. Also with the Smart Gauge being off by 2% you would have to go at least 1020 actual miles, that's really pushing it. IMHO :)

Paul

I'm happy if I can just get 600+ which hasn't been happening with the last few tanks.  My fuelly chart is almost to the bottom, looks like a roller coaster ride over the last few tanks.  Mostly all down hill. :sad: :doh:

Did you ever put Grill Covers on? :)

Paul

Edited by ptjones

• 2 months later...

I stopped posting (but I keep up with Fuelly.com) after I broke 800, but pretty much all of my tanks are 700+, or I am on the way to that when I fill up before bothering to run down to nearly empty. My numbers are going down now, because I am running the air conditioner. We've had a lot of 85+F days this winter.

• 3 weeks later...

Are we still accepting new members to the 600+ club? 

TNKY9b9.jpg

Edit: Fuel used according to the pump: 13.782 gallons, for 'actual' fuel economy of 43.6 MPG.

Do you know the actual size of the C-Max tank. I seem to recall the specs claim it is only about 13.5, or 14.5 in the Energi. Obviously it has some "reserve", does anyone know how much?

Do you know the actual size of the C-Max tank. I seem to recall the specs claim it is only about 13.5, or 14.5 in the Energi. Obviously it has some "reserve", does anyone know how much?

I was wondering the same thing... I'm a one-click fueler, no topping-off for me, so it didn't come from there. Usually my pump volumes are 4% higher than screen volume, so I thought I would have still been ever so little under 13.5. 

For other stats:

• My regular commute is 9 miles each way, down a 350 foot valley and back out the other side but otherwise pretty flat.
  • I recently switched strategies from "Maximize EV cruise" to "Launch electric, cruise re-gen to maintain high state-of-charge, except when going down long hills", which seems to have helped, but it could be
    • engine break-in (wow I'm at low milage for 2 years in...)
    • the absolutely GORGEOUS weather out here which
      • denecessitates AC
      • minimizes engine-on-for-heating time
    • the alternate route I'm taking to work to avoid horrible congestion
    • I might also be accelerating less as I try the new strategy.
  • No modifications.
  • Some rats left prickly pear fruits (yes, from the 'tree' you se behind my fuelly profile pic) in my engine which I wonder if might be interfering with cooling - I recently picked as much as I could out without figuring out how to unbolt the engine cover, I wonder if that might have helped?
Edited by Noah Harbinger

According to the Ford site, the C-Max hybrid is 13.5, and the Energi is 14. I have no idea why they would go to the trouble of having two sizes for the cars, especially when the Energi has the bigger battery - I would have thought it might have a smaller tank, not larger.