600+Mile CMax Club

Jus-A-CMax

Good points Podivin.  And to all the new C-Max drivers: 600 & 700 & ...............mile tanks do not require drafting - just careful, safe, considerate driving ! (fair weather, of course)  :skateboard: :skateboard: :skateboard:

Edited by C-MaxSea

In my opinion, 'drafting' is just another way of saying 'tailgating', and that is NEVER safe to do. If a someone cuts off the the car you're tailgating, or an animal jumps out in front of it, or any of a dozen other things happen, that person his going to hit his breaks, and you're going to hit him before you have to time to think 'oh crap'. Not to mention that most folks don't like being tailgated, and it's good way to spark a nice bit of road rage.

How many times have you been driving along the freeway and saw a dead animal along side the road that was hit by a car? It's probably safe to say that the person who hit that animal slammed on the breaks trying to avoid it. Think about that the next time your 'drafting' someone trying get an extra mpg on your 'score'.

When done right drafting is not tailgating. The only problems I have with drafting is there is enough room for two or three cars to get in front of you and use up your safety margin. ;)

Paul

• 3 weeks later...

What tips? I simply drive from A to B ☺less than 62 mph. Turn off Cruise if I want to slow down to the speed limit. And nothing more.

What can I do more?? Tommorow I will do 400 km with fully loaded car and probably 48mpg is out off range.

1. Premium Gas/Pure Gas and get as much as you can in the tank to extend the range.

2. Tires Pressure 50PSI

3. a Center Grill Cover at least if you can get it by the wife. LOL :) 

Paul 

1. 95 octans ( 98 octans - misfire detected). 95 is something like regular in US. I will try to get more fuel. 

2. I have 2.7 = 40 PSI , 50 is it too much ??

3. I do not have any cover, and I  do not have standard active grill shutter - i must to buy it. 

1. use the highest Octane you can get.

2. I use 50PSI for 70Kmi.

3. I don't understand why you wouldn't have shutters for your car.  You can't get a CMAX here without them.  Just use Clear Tape to cover up your center grill, maybe your wife won't notice. LOL :)

Paul

attachicon.gifDSC00503.JPG

Yes I know - my activ grill shutter was broken and  I must to buy it :) But I have poland bumper (pictures) and I must to check what shutter I must to have - from Polish car or US car.  My C-max is from US - there is no ford hybrid in Europe. 

Tell your wife that because your shutters are broken you have to tape the center grill or the car won't run like it should. I hope your wife isn't reading this!LOL :)

Paul

• 1 month later...

Please update SnowStorm to 725.1 miles, 12.61 gal, 57.4 mpg all indicated.  (This trip was with new tires so actual mileage was about 1.8% higher - gallons pumped at fill-up was 13.3 gal.)

gallery_656_57_50176.png

:congrats:   and Done...and you get the newest    :welcome:  emoticon as well  :rockon:

Edited by Jus-A-CMax

I'm already a member of the 700 mile club but I was able to raise the bar a bit. I was shooting for an 800 mile tank but some highway driving and cooler weather put a stop to that. Oh, well.

post-303-0-59606800-1440469631_thumb.jpg

This was on 87 octane fuel but I don't know what the tire pressure was at. Driving was in typical suburban and rushhour (that means stop and go) traffic with a daily one-way commute of 23 miles.

I'm already a member of the 700 mile club but I was able to raise the bar a bit. I was shooting for an 800 mile tank but some highway driving and cooler weather put a stop to that. Oh, well.

attachicon.gif20150824_174743.jpg

This was on 87 octane fuel but I don't know what the tire pressure was at. Driving was in typical suburban and rushhour (that means stop and go) traffic with a daily one-way commute of 23 miles.

Raise your tires to 50PSI, Use Premium and go to 0 E(Zero miles to empty, you can go at least 20 miles past E and I have gone 60mi.). Good Luck and good job!  :yahoo:

Paul

Its zero ethanol fuel that helps mileage - not premium.

SnowStorm I'm going to have to disagree with you on this one.  My experience is that I use Premium pretty much exclusively with ethanol free only when I'm trying to break my record, it is just to expensive to use regularly.  About a month ago I filled up at BJ's and the pump malfunctioned and gave me Regular instead of Premium and my gas mileage dropped 2mpg for that tank.  It was so obvious the before filling up I was getting 55mpg and after 53mpg.   Ethanol Free is worth  about 1mpg more than Premium. With 177 fillups I know my car pretty well. :)

Paul 

Paul