600+Mile CMax Club

Jus-A-CMax

Here's the deal, if you know a gas station is 7 miles away, you're on a surface street and no load, it can be done easily. You can max to 12.80 safely, I've taken it higher but I also know my LIMIT.

But you have family and load so it was the wise choice. No hurry, but the MAIN THING is that you are maximizing on the FE front so you're up there above the other drivers and I commend u for that, well done and see you next time :rockon:

Jus, question for you.  I always heard it wasn't good to run an injected engine so low on fuel.  Does the CMAX have injectors?  I have no idea?

Do they let toddlers into this club?

gallery_799_59_22143.jpg

This was taken just at the end of the 4th tank.   :baby:

Baby buying drinks for all the 600 CMax members for being a smartalex, we'll collect at the meet :drool:

Congratulations on making the 600 Mile CMax Club, our 6th member and with the lowest odo. :rockon:

Edited by Jus-A-CMax

I think the 600 mile club is great, but now the I am learning to try to be more efficient in my driving habits I think and know that I want to be the first to break the 700 Mile Club. It's coming starting next tank. Lets see me do 600 miles this tank first.

OK all you C Max Energi owners.

We Can Do This!

Seeing a given number of miles per tank is not the same thing with a plug-in hybrid as with a non-plug-in. You can choose how many miles you want out of a tank. Here is what I mean;

The Energi is good for roughly 20 miles of EV driving before the engine starts. If you drive 40 miles per day, it would be very easy to hit well over 1,000 miles per tank because 1/2 of your driving uses no fuel at all, then your second half of each day's driving is at our normal MPG. Therefore, you could very easily double your mileage per tank. See what I mean?

We in the non-plug in group have a finite number of miles we can hit per tank because ALL of our miles come from gasoline.   :)

Matt

Edited by Recumpence

Seeing a given number of miles per tank is not the same thing with a plug-in hybrid as with a non-plug-in. You can choose how many miles you want out of a tank. Here is what I mean;

The Energi is good for roughly 20 miles of EV driving before the engine starts. If you drive 40 miles per day, it would be very easy to hit well over 1,000 miles per tank because 1/2 of your driving uses no fuel at all, then your second half of each day's driving is at our normal MPG. Therefore, you could very easily double your mileage per tank. See what I mean?

You are sorta right about that. I got about 960 miles on my previous tank of gas, and could easily have gotten over 1,000. However, you can't always choose how many miles you get. It's a function of opportunity, what trips I have planned as opposed to my normal daily driving. If I'm visiting the parents for the weekend, or going for a weekend hike in the mountains, I'm going to drive several hundred miles on gas without any good charging options in the middle. So instead of 900 miles on a tank I'm suddenly at 500. And I'm not going to delay a weekend trip just to inflate my mileage numbers, life happens and I'm going to live it.

In fact, me getting 900+ miles on a tank of gas is actually a bad sign, it means I spent too many weekends at home and didn't get out into the world as much as I'd like. (Or it means that motorcycle riding weather has come back, and that I'm doing my weekend trips on 2 wheels instead of 4, but that's another issue entirely)

Help me decide :)

So my last tank of gas I broke 600.1 miles at 12.5 gallons of fuel and what 47.8 mpg, that was April 23. So here is where I am today 554.5 miles driven 48.2 mpg and 11.48 gallons used............

I can brake +600 miles easily

do you want me to go for it :)

root me on please

Yeah...

Jus Do It :drool:

That makes 2 tanks and more evidence this is more than jus-a-fluke ;)

Way to go orphoto!   51MPG for a whole tank, and 643 miles total.  Very Impressive!!

That makes 3 additions to the 600 club in two days!!  

Yikes!    It looks like with summer here, the club is going to have to either look for a larger club house, or take the party out onto the lawn!!

Way to go orphoto!   51MPG for a whole tank, and 643 miles total.  Very Impressive!!

That makes 3 additions to the 600 club in two days!!  

Yikes!    It looks like with summer here, the club is going to have to either look for a larger club house, or take the party out onto the lawn!!

Hee....more drinks for everyone, eh? :drool:

This is amazing... added orphoto and hmatthews and riddley. The more the better, talk about shattering the poor MPG myth with the CMax...how will CR explain this one? They can't, they had no vested interest, nor did they understood the car. 

Riddley is right,its not easy but neither is a marathon but with time, patience and understanding, the most dedicated will achieve this and the more runs, the easier it gets..tank after tank. And side benefit is you all are learning FE eventhough you won't admit it, that's OK, u benefit & thats all that matters.

This is really MAXING the CMax at its heart :wub2:

Rawk on fellas! But we do need a female member, unlike the R&A, we do want the gals...Go Adair, Laurel or RachelinLA :)

I'm going out on a limb here - but not too far...

• I predict that the 600 club will include 10 members by the end of May, 15 by the end of June, 20 by the end of July.  
  • I predict that we'll see at least one of the women in the 600 club by the end of June, at least two by the end of summer .
  • Recompence: Should exceed 675 by the end of June, and 680 by the end of July. Unless he gets his mods installed, then all bets are off.
  • Joining Recompence in the 650 club this summer: Orphoto, Jus, and possibly PTJones. (If PT is still in the game, he might join the 675 club).
  • The Seahawks will make the post season. The Mariners will not.

My personal goal is to exceed 650 miles in a tank this summer, but so early in the break-in period, this will be pushing it.

Edited by Riddley

I know I will be close to it.  What should the mileage be to reach 600mi?

--Marty

Marty,

• I think you will be fairly safe if your mileage is above 46.5 MPG for the tank (see below).
  • When I did my 600 mile tank, my MPG was at 46.6 for the tank.
  • I started my last 45 mile leg of the trip in the red, with 13 miles to empty.
  • The gallons used readout when I started the last 45 mile leg was 12.1 gallons.
  • I thought about buying a gallon of gas,. but then figured "in for a Penney, in for a Pound."

gallery_799_59_22143.jpg

Note: I also didn't "top off" the tank before starting. I never do that, but just stop filling when it shuts off the first time.

Okay guys, I filled up today and got 45.2 mpg.   :dogwalk: I don't have a picture of my trip because I forgot to take one.  I don't have the nerve to have a tank of gas in my car if I run out so this is the best I can do.  Do I get any credit?   :shift: Not that it should make any difference but I'm a woman.

Well I cut my challenge short due to an early morning flight out of National tomorrow and had to fill up this evening...hummm 12.1 gallons at 589.2 miles driven for an average of DRUM ROLL please 48.7 mpg BEST TANK EVER that was preceeded by an average tank of 47.8 mpg and the one before that at 43.5 mpg. Forget 600 miles to a tank, I was not even on my RED warning signal and I had to fill up as I saw no need to drive another 11miles to make 600 miles/tank. The car is freaking great. My drive home from the gas station albeit down hill and flattish was around 3 miles at 122 mpg :)