600+Mile CMax Club

Jus-A-CMax

I made it Yahoo!

600 Miles - WAHOO

I took picture after fill-up, I hope it still counts.

I put in 12.28 gal to fill it up so I probably will get an even better tank next time .

I put in E-0 last fill and this one as I seem to get better MPG with it but won't be in a area with E-0 stations for next few weeks, be interesting to see what E-10 tanks will average out at.

Edited by frbill

I made it Yahoo!

I took picture after fill-up, I hope it still counts.

I put in 12.28 gal to fill it up so I probably will get an even better tank next time .

I put in E-0 last fill and this one as I seem to get better MPG with it but won't be in a area with E-0 stations for next few weeks, be interesting to see what E-10 tanks will average out at.

What's the price difference between E0 and E10?

In the same town, neighborhood, and day if possible.

Thanks

Hey hey hey, you can add one more member to the 600 Mile Club, I finally did it! :happy feet:

600+ on one tank!

Still showed 8 miles to empty...could have pushed a little farther but my wife was with me and she was freaking out.  She said I was crazy...yup, crazy about gas mileage! :)

This is the nearly 90 miles I drove to finish off the tank, all highway miles by the way!

Highway Mileage

And to all the naysayers out there (especially you, Consumer Retorts!) who whine and complain that the C-Max doesn't get anywhere near the 47 MPG Ford says it does, I will simply say you can kiss where I can't, and I ain't talking about my elbow... ;)

By the way, did I mention I LOVE my C-Max??? :wub2:

Edited by thunderbird97

:happy feet: :happy feet:  Holy Guacamole Ford Man!!!!!!!! :happy feet: :happy feet:

We now OFFICIALLY have broken the 10 drivers barrier, thanks to frbill and thunderbird97 becoming our 10th and 11th member!!!!!!!!!

:hi5:  This is unbelievable guys! I thought 8 or 10 come end of summer, riddley thought 10 but the end of May but we both are wrong...you guys just turned it up another notch  :hi5:

I have no doubt, without this Fordcmaxhybridforum.com, the CMax would have been snowed under by the bad press and lawsuits but this just proves what an

AWESOME LONG RANGE vehicle the CMax really is.

:happy feet: Congratulations to all our members in the 600 Mile CMax Club for your perseverence, BALL TO THE WALL and LET'S GET 'EM attitude :happy feet:

My wife just finished a 601 mile tank using 12.3 gallons.  She forgot to reset the trip odometer at the last fill up, so couldn't take a picture, but we have been doing a fuel log on our iphone and fuelly since day one. 

But on this next fillup will take a pic and get it up, should take about 3 weeks.  

E10 was 20 cents cheaper not sure if the math works for the cost but the mileage did.

Im sorry I don't know what E10 is exactly.  I assume it is an Ethanol blend of fuel?  We can burn it in the CMax?  I thought it required a Flex Fuel system to use it?

From the Owners Manual:

Choosing the Right Fuel
Use only UNLEADED fuel or UNLEADED fuel blended with a maximum
of 15% ethanol. Do not use fuel ethanol (E85), diesel fuel, fuel-methanol,
leaded fuel or any other fuel because it could damage or impair the
emission control system. The use of leaded fuel is prohibited by law.
Octane Recommendations
Regular unleaded gasoline with a
pump (R+M)/2 octane rating of 87
is recommended. Some stations
offer fuels posted as Regular with
an octane rating below 87,
particularly in high altitude areas. Fuels with octane levels below 87 are
not recommended.

It is an honor to be a member of this very prestigious club.  I figured that at some point during my ownership of Maxwell I would get there.  Never dreamed it would be only four months after buying the car!

Each and every one of us needs to do whatever is necessary to get the word out on how well the C-Max can perform.  Actually, as my wife and I were going into a restaurant for lunch a couple of weeks ago, a younger man who had just come out and gotten into his own car rolled down his window and stopped us.  He asked me how the C-Max was doing on mileage, and I told him that if you drive it properly, you can get the 47 MPG easily (at that point my average was 47.5).  He then told us he had close to 160,000 miles on his own car and was looking for a replacement.  We both told him to go test drive a C-Max and give it a shot, and the odds are he'd be as impressed with it as I was.  He told us he would do just that, then started his car and drove off.  Did I mention he was in a Toyota Prius? :hysterical:

Again, glad to be here, now Max and I are on for the 700 Mile Club!  My wife says that's the only 700 Club I'm allowed to join. :)   Cheers!

Ok...since we are 10+ now...I would like to get us a little "honor badge" on this forum. May be on the left hand section, typically under the avatar name, we might get a cool badge icon or may be "600+ CMax Club Member" title - now, talk about promotion if ever there was one for all your effort!!!

Trying to work with the site owner here (robertlane) and it would always help if you guys could give me a hand to request it.

Otherwise, I carry a link in my signature but I think we can do better with an icon link - but again, we need to come up with a cool slim design so if anyone here is good with photochop, lets see it :)

WAY TO GO MATT!!! 

700 IS AWESOME!!!!   

It is nice to have that as a high bar, and nice to see that the 55 mpg average is what it will take.  I haven't managed to do that for even one single trip yet!! 

Question: was that unmodified (completely stock)??

Edited by Riddley

Got it ----- 700-----    .......      :)

Matt

Just when I thought it couldn't happen, somebody goes and does it.  Geez I'd be happy if I could just get 600.  I'm having trouble getting past 569 as my personal best tank

Edited by mtb9153

Completely stock. I do not even use a grille block. Also, that is with 300 pounds of equipment in the back. I have seen 60.1mpg for 156 miles one day. Today ended at 59.2mpg for 160 miles.

Matt

I want to ask how in the world is that possible?  I'm doing everything I've learned on this forum and I'm having trouble maintaining 40mpg average with 70 degrees on flat rural roads.  Have you increased the air pressure in your tires above what Ford and Michelin recommends? I'm happy for you but green as hell with envy.