Anyone thinking of a Maverick Hybrid?

Ford just launched the Maverick pickup this morning. Based on the Bronco Sport and Escape, it has a unibody structure (unlike the Ranger and F-150).

It starts at just under $20k with a standard FWD 2.5 liter hybrid (2 liter turbo is optional with FWD or AWD).

Given the starting the price, I'm expecting the interior quality to be more like the EcoSport than our C-Maxes.

No, but really glad to see another vehicle in Ford's stable that is coming with a hybrid drivetrain standard, especially in the pickup segment. I think this is the first since the C-Max? Also seeing this package offered under $20k is insane.

I see they mention a CVT on this, I wonder if it is specifically going with the eCVT model? Does Ford have any other vehicles currently with a traditional belt/chain operated CVT that they could borrow from?

Edited by cr08

Oh, yeah.

The press release says it has an "in-house-designed and manufactured electric traction motor". The release also mentions a CVT. I'm still suspecting it's the same eCVT setup as before, but I could very well be wrong.

Both the Escape and Maverick will have a 2.5L Atkinson cycle 4-cyl. The Escape makes a total of 200hp, while the Maverick will only have 191hp.  Escape Hybrid is FWD or AWD, while the Maverick Hybrid is FWD only.