YOUR DOING IT WRONG!

Meabn007

Please. The only thing wrong with this car is Microsoft sync. I take no pleasure in saying this but I am afraid that some of you are way better at giving opinions than understanding the measures of central tendencies. Google it. This vehicle is an epic leap forward for Ford (less sync) and sips gas. Post break in it will blast by 47 MPG. Again, learn what "average" means and how to apply the term over time- if you dare. Unfortunately, most are confusing (or don't understand) mean, median, and mode versus vehicle life time average MPG during higher consumption periods like driver learning curve and vehicle break in. Lets face it, Prior to a few months ago how many of us have been driving a hybrid C MAX for 7 years/100,000 miles and actually KNOW what we are talking about? Kinda Fords fault as well I guess. Did I mention sync is horrible?

FAVs

I am a huge fan of the kick under the bumper open the power hatch thing. It's just cool. Ford also hit a home run with the interior space, it feels like a palatial penthouse suite.

NOT FAVs

Sync is so 1999, it's horrible. If you know who Siri is you will laugh at how far short sync falls from the mark. If your like most of America and own an iPhone you will not enjoy every feature sync has to offer because of compatibility issues (text to speech) but thankfully sync does it so bad you aren't missing out on much. anyway.

As always share your thoughts!

Instead of comparing My Ford Touch/Sync to an iPhone, what about comparing it to these types of systems in cars, first.

Good point, Siri is done in an energy-sucking server farm somewhere. The iPhone is just a pass thru to the server farm where the actual voice recognition happens. You need a Wifi or 3G connection, something not always available in a car. Comparing voice recognition handled by a server to a mobile device like SYNC is an apples to oranges comparison.

Edited by Maximus

Speaking of doing it wrong...

Um, no. This is titled to refer to those that refer to the "evil Ford lie" of 47 MPG and the horrible math they use. Therefore the possessive adjective form is appropriate. In this case you are incorrect. I do appreciate sharing the knowledge though even if you missed the altruistic intent. Additionally, the iPhone has the most market penetration, hold on a sec.....

Sorry but "most of america" does not own a iPhone, Samsung has the market share right now

http://www.forbes.com/sites/chuckjones/2013/01/25/samsung-increasing-its-smartphone-market-share-vs-apple-and-the-rest-of-the-pack/

Siri is just as bad as sync

Nice try.... Unfortunately you are myopically quoting a source that is looking at 4Q 11 and 12 sales of Apple and Samsung. High end smartphones versus free ones. Apple makes one type of phone, Samsung make many more. Additionally, Apple has a substantial market share that predates Samsung by six years. There are previous versions of the IPhone 5..... At least you agree that sync is bad......

Um, no. This is titled to refer to those that refer to the "evil Ford lie" of 47 MPG and the horrible math they use. Therefore the possessive adjective form is appropriate. In this case you are incorrect. I do appreciate sharing the knowledge though even if you missed the altruistic intent. Additionally, the iPhone has the most market penetration, hold on a sec.....

I don't understand what the above means??  What does altruistic intent have to do with "your" versus the correct "you're"??  I must be thick as a plank as I don't get it.

Nice try.... Unfortunately you are myopically quoting a source that is looking at 4Q 11 and 12 sales of Apple and Samsung. High end smartphones versus free ones. Apple makes one type of phone, Samsung make many more. Additionally, Apple has a substantial market share that predates Samsung by six years. There are previous versions of the IPhone 5..... At least you agree that sync is bad......

Ok, lets narrow it donw to 1 Samsung smartphone

http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/samsung-galaxy-s3-outsells-iphone-5-to-remain-uk-s-most-popular-smartphone

Sorry - miss stated is - Siri is a lot worse then Sync, and Sync navigation is light years ahead of the failed navigation application that Apple placed on their phone when they forced Google off of Itunes, good thing is now that the MS Winsows 8 and the surface is shipping we can get rid of the 400 ipads that are in use in the clinics here and not have to write a second application for something we already have. Going to be fun shredding all those ipads since they where in use in bio-hazardous environments

Edited by Wingrider01

Hey, yea so this is a C Max forum. So I thinks it's awesome that some country other than America has smartphones. But your reference is as about as impressive as citing smartphone sales in Montana (about as many people live in that other place/who cares). It's a C Max hybrid Forum!

Edited by Meabn007

Sorry but "most of america" does not own a iPhone, Samsung has the market share right now

http://www.forbes.com/sites/chuckjones/2013/01/25/samsung-increasing-its-smartphone-market-share-vs-apple-and-the-rest-of-the-pack/

Siri is just as bad as sync

Not a fan of you using a lower case "a". I am a fan of this movie though. Have you seen it?

http://m.imdb.com/title/tt0187393/