300,000+ miles CMax Energi Hello

middleofnowhere

I used to be active on the ford cmax energy forum, but can’t log in for some reason.

I don’t remember ever posting here, but think my experience might be useful to some members.

My wife and I purchased a new 2013 CMax Energi when they first came out.  I have performed all the fluid changes myself.  We did have a bad transmission at 159K that we had to pay to fix.  Overall our car has been good with only needing a couple 12V battery replacments, oil changes and new tires.  Car is still going strong and I will continue to drive until it dies (hopefully not too soon).

I also had a 2017 company owned CMax Energi that I put over 150,000 mile on, so I have close to a half million miles experience in these little Fords.

Hello and I’ll contribute what I can.

Glad to see another Energi owner here. ? 

Yeah, ever since the Energi specific forum has been taken down, I've basically considered this the de facto C-Max Hybrid/Energi combined forum. Thankfully 95% of the topics covered are identical for both models.

I'm also curious on the trans replacement. Do you also happen to know approx. when this was done and a rough idea as to what ratio of EV/ICE usage you had on the 2013? These factors I don't think have been discussed much when trans replacements have come up. It's basically just come down to 'I hit xxxk miles and needed a replacement' and that's about it.

Car is doing great, it’s getting a little “loud” inside with road noise as it is loosening up.

I paid a little over $6K for Ford to replace my transmission.  It has a lifetime warranty now.

I am still on my original brakes, rotors and pads are doing great.

A very high percentage of my driving is in hybrid only mode.  I very rarely bother to plug the car in.

I still miss the Energi compared to our current Clarity PHEV, although I got a whopping 63 or 64 mi of pure EV range on the Clarity yesterday and the day before.  (The longer range and bigger trunk being basically the two positives the Clarity has over the C-MAX Energi).

The noise that developed from what I guessed the tranny eventually caused my wife to trade her in.  Is that lifetime warranty a Ford offering, local dealer offering, or some other third party?  (Thank you for sharing that option)!

@fotomoto, if you remember our Energi moderator, I see here and the PriusChat forum...

On 7/27/2021 at 10:48 AM, C-MAX Hybrid Guide said:

The data for the C-MAX Energi specific forum still exists and I've always wanted to merge it here, however it takes a lot of time to complete such -.  Let me see if I can figure out how to find time to do this.

Robert

Noticed the forum was down yesterday for a while, did you add some of the old energi records?

On 7/27/2021 at 10:48 AM, C-MAX Hybrid Guide said:

The data for the C-MAX Energi specific forum still exists and I've always wanted to merge it here, however it takes a lot of time to complete such -.  Let me see if I can figure out how to find time to do this.

Robert

If there's a way for me to help please let me know.

Sincerely,

Jesse

• 1 year later...
On 7/27/2021 at 11:48 AM, C-MAX Hybrid Guide said:

Robert

Hello Admin Robert,

Any updates on bringing back the Energi forum? I have bookmarked several discussion threads that I'd really like to read again; right now they are all dead links.

Please, can you at least publish a read-only copy of the Energi forum so we can at least view the content? I've tried looking at all the major internet archival sites but they don't have recent copies of the Energi forum before it closed down.

Sincerely,

Jacob (jtespi)