Anti-Freeze update?

Lacienega

I was looking for some more motorcraft orange prediluted antifreeze that I've bought 2 years ago (# VC3DILB (3DIL) ), but apparently Ford doesn't sell it anymore. Instead they have the Yellow Prediluted Antifreeze now only.

Did Ford update and recommend the yellow stuff now?

Would it be OK to mix the orange with the yellow one? Or should I flush it first??

Annotation 2019-06-28 193838.jpg

Looks like it is ok to use...

https://www.fcsdchemicalsandlubricants.com/quickref/FCSD Motorcraft Yellow Antifreeze-Coolant Backward Compatability.pdf

• Motorcraft® Yellow Antifreeze/Coolant can be used to top-off or entirely replace (drain and refill) antifreeze/coolant in vehicles factory-filled with Motorcraft® Orange Antifreeze/Coolant and Motorcraft® Specialty Green Engine Coolant.

Flushing:

• Flushing the cooling system is not required prior to entirely replacing (draining and refilling) Motorcraft® Orange Antifreeze/Coolant or Motorcraft® Specialty Green Engine Coolant with Bittering Agent with Motorcraft® Yellow Antifreeze/Coolant if the cooling system is not contaminated.

Edited by homestead