P2796 Code? Failed Auxiliary Transmission Pump? Looking for a LX6Z-7P086-B pump? Here's your part.

GSMacLean

It took me over three months to find a replacement LX6Z-7P086-B auxiliary transmission pump to replace the failed one on my 2013 C-Max. If you're getting a P2796 code, this is usually the cause.

Ford doesn't have any in stock, and there is no ETA of when they will be getting any more. Many parts suppliers on the Internet say they have them "in stock" and will "ship within two weeks." However they don't actually have any in stock - they order them from Ford when you place your order - and then two weeks later, when Ford tells them "sorry we don't have any," they turn around and cancel your order. Ask me how I know.

I finally found the last two showing in stock in dealerships in the US, but neither were sure whether they actually had them, or just showed them on the computer. Desperate after having my car broken for over three months, I placed an order for both.

And I got both. Of course. At over $400 apiece.

I put one of them on my C-Max, which fixed my car. The other one I can't return, so I'm now selling it on eBay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/203895720445

If you need one of these pumps, this is probably your only chance to get one, at least for the foreseeable future. If that eBay listing is still active, then I still have the pump to sell.

20220404_105449.thumb.jpg.ca9462862965b8dc8bd8872cbcc63b27.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
On 11/8/2022 at 2:45 PM, Gonna be broke soon said:

hi,

i'm trying to hunt down this part. I've tried a lot of dealers, including my own where my car is sitting at the moment. has anyone found a source for this part or does anyone have any idea of how long the back order takes. 

thanks.

Good luck. I would have your dealership look up to see which other dealerships show as having one in stock - that's how I found mine. That was back in April, and there were only two in the entire US. No idea if more have appeared since then.