Transmission Warranty Coverage in California

OCMax

Hello everybody! I found this forum to be a world of very important and useful info. I just purchased a 2013 C_Max Hybrid with 101k miles. The transmission is very noisy with the ICE running no matter if the car is moving or stopped, but it's normal when running on electric battery. Transmission shop checked the trans. fluid and it was very dirty and looked grey as if it was full of metal particles. I live in California and the Irvine dealer told me (over the phone) the transmission only comes with 5yr/60k mile warranty. How can I verify that the e-CVT is covered under 10yr/150k Hybrid Battery warranty?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Mario

I believe the basis for the warranty difference depends on what state the car was initially sold.  You could try with AutoNation in Tustin or Theodore Robins in Costa Mesa.  I noticed there is a fourth dealer not too far away in Huntington Beach.  It took visits to different dealerships (as well as contact with Ford Customer Service) to resolve a My Ford Mobile issue we had..

I would try to find which state it went into first service from one of them or calling Ford directly with your VIN.