autoTrain alarm

grege

2018 cmax titanium.  Is there a simple way to deactivate the cmax alarm?  First time auto train this year and we've read that it's recommended you deactivate your car alarm due to train shaking possibly triggering alarm and draining the battery.

Thanks for any help!

Greg

On 5/4/2022 at 11:55 PM, David McC said:

Based on what I can see in the Owner's Manual (page 67) the alarm is for unauthorized entry only and does not trigger with motion.

I also don't see any way to deactivate the alarm.

This is correct. The factory system only triggers on an unauthorized entry to the vehicle (ie: Doors are locked with the fob, arming the system. Then if someone manages to open the door without unlocking via the fob or starting within 10-15 seconds, the alarm will trigger.

Ford does offer an optional dealer installed accessory they call their 'Ford Perimeter Plus Vehicle Security System' which does have some motion/glass impact detection. Best I can tell per their site this uses the stock keyfob. If you bought the vehicle used, maybe the previous owner had it installed? In theory you should be able to test for this by locking the vehicle and giving a window or body panel a good hit or two (obviously without doing any damage).