Jus A CMax sighting...

Wouldn't you love a......I don't know, a flashing light with the forum address.........or something to get their attention and bring them on in? Would love to hear all their stories!!

Been thinking about it. That HotPotato sticker would work.

Right now, I have marked my vehicle with a "M" Mammoth sticker on the back...so those who cruise the Los Angeles/Ventura counties - there you go, I am in a marked car now ;)

Been thinking about it. That HotPotato sticker would work.

Right now, I have marked my vehicle with a "M" Mammoth sticker on the back...so those who cruise the Los Angeles/Ventura counties - there you go, I am in a marked car now ;)

If we make it out to MhB in December, we'll be watching for ya!

I'm not normally a sticker kind of person, but if someone would make one for the Forum, that would be a cool identifier.  (Maybe one of those cool bar code images, so that it would not be too big? :camera:)  I'd get one of those.

Maybe, if not too much money to produce, someone who knows about this sort of thing could make a template where each of us could fill in our Screen Name, and then print a sticker from that, and the sticker would link to the user on the Forum.  Would something like that work?  Man, that would be really cool! :shift:

If we had that, and we were to pass each other on the road, we could post our spy reports of each other!

Edited by ScubaDadMiami

I'm not normally a sticker kind of person, but if someone would make one for the Forum, that would be a cool identifier. (Maybe one of those cool bar code images, so that it would not be too big? :camera:) I'd get one of those.

Maybe, if not too much money to produce, someone who knows about this sort of thing could make a template where each of us could fill in our Screen Name, and then print a sticker from that, and the sticker would link to the user on the Forum. Would something like that work? Man, that would be really cool! :shift:

If we had that, and we were to pass each other on the road, we could post our spy reports of each other!

ScubaDad, let me see what I can do.

Saw this today as I was driving home...and it very much brought up a thought in me...how far have we now come from Henry Ford's Model T to here I am sitting behind this classic in Ford's newest hybrid technology car.

All of you know I luv to compare gas car as biplanes and the CMax as the stealth fighter, but I totally respect this "biplane" as I admired her from behind and then passing her.

How far have we come... :rockon:

Enjoy.

As crappy as this picture turned out, I like to call this shot "Looking back into the Past"

8748734195_e21915eff4_c.jpg

8748732769_66d448f83c_c.jpg

Edited by Jus-A-CMax

So today I was at Victory and Coldwater Canyon and as I was making a left to Coldwater Canyon - low and behold, there was a twin sitting there at the front of the traffic light - an SEL White Platinum with the sunroof. I had to wait at the intersections for a bit while I waited for the local morons to either speed by or putt-putt by (you'll understand when you live in this crazy city)....so both CMax drivers had plenty of time to gawk at one another.

She had dealer plates on so its relatively new. When I finally got to make my turn, I waved at her as I passed her CMax and she definitely kept gawking at me....ah...she I could have passed her a card to this forum.

Sorry no pics as my camera was in my work bag and I forgot to whip it out...would have been a doozie of a picture with her face.

as for the stickers i am a geocacher (fun hobby of disovering hidden containers hidden all around the world with swag inside and a log book) and many cachers use a car sticker on the back of their car of a thing called a trackable travel bug which has a unique identifying code and the other cachers can log in to the geocaching site and log that they "discovered" the person by their trackable code and also lets them see all the places the person has visited. obviously you aren't cachers but same idea. if youlove hiking/outdoors or have kids check it out as its a lot of fun.

http://www.geocaching.com

Edited by salsaguy

• 2 months later...

Had an appointment today (Fri 8/30) at the hospital (City of Hope in Duarte, CA). Was looking for a parking spot in the 1st row, the handicapped parking section, and low and behold, what did we see?  Yup... a Grey CMax SEL from Galpin Ford with license plate ending in xxxx386. It had to be pretty new based on the 1st two number/letter combinations. I wonder if Jus knows them? Very cool since this is the color/model we are thinking of getting. Cant tell if its a 20x or 30x version though. That's #4 or 5 spotted for me so far. Maybe this was a reminder to us that my wife's CMax will soon be a reality with her going back to work after the holiday and finally starting to save up for the new car!!

post-973-0-49316300-1377933453_thumb.jpg

Edited by salsaguy

• 2 months later...

Watching "Person of Interest" CBS.

A yellow C-Max cab in the first minutes of tonight's show.

My wife noticed the taxi, but didn't realize it was a C-Max.   In the words of Warner Wolf, I will have to go to the videotape (or in today's parlance the DVR).

Q: When you came up with "Let's go to the videotape," what was the story behind it?

A: When they first put me on television it was about 1969. There wasn't too much videotape then. We mostly shot our own games with film. Through the late-night syndication, it was a Warriors-Bucks game. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar was going against Nate Thurmond. I said, "The Warriors led 98-90 in the fourth quarter and look at this defense that Thurmond puts on Jabbar." No tape came up. So I said, "You have to look at this exchange between the two of them, between Nate Thurmond and Kareem." No tape. Finally, I said to the director in the booth, his name was Ernie Bauer, "Ernie, lets go to the videotape." And the tape rolled. After the show, Ernie came out and said, "Warner, that's great. I'm doing 25 things in there. When you said, ‘Let's go to the video tape,' I immediately punched it up. So do it again tomorrow night."