Did all 'o ya'll get the new recall notice?

Five years of running a pair of C-Maxen has taught me to expect a minimum of repair concerns, so imagine my surprise yesterday when a pair of RECALL NOTICE envelopes arrived in the mail from Ford. "On your vehicle, it may be possible that the transmission shifter cable bushing is damaged or missing." This problem could lead to the vehicle staying in gear and moving unexpectedly when the shift leaver has been set to Park," they explained. It will be repaired for free "when parts become available." Fortunately, we are not instructed to stop driving our cars -- both my cars are C-Maxen -- but we're reminded to set the parking brake before shifting into Park.

My first notice was for my 2017 C-Max Energi. The other one was for my wife's 2014 C-Max Hybrid. This recall must be very comprehensive among models and years. My cars also got recall notices a year ago, regarding possibly faulty rear door latches. They included an instruction sheet, with photos, on how to check your latch part number, but there was no chart, list or web link telling us which numbers were faulty! I assume it got checked at my last service...

Received recalls for both the trans bushing & door latches the same day. Second notice on door latches. Supposed to receive notice when dealer gets parts in to fix, but sadly I don't have any confidence my local dealer due to past service issues. The last time my car was in the dealer shop, I asked about latch recall. They stated they had addressed it, but with a second recall notice I really doubt they did.

Got mine Wednesday and today couldn't find it.  Thanks for providing a copy of the recall and notice so I could print it out.  Will wait for the next notice, taking care not to lose it, and look forward to have this repair.  Some months ago I went into a UPS having locked the car and when I came out it had rolled down the slight slope of the parking spot and was blocking traffic.  For 1,000s of times I have always put it in park.  I assume it was this time but can't remember.

Edited by ArizonaEnergi

• 3 weeks later...

Just got back from an oil change and they let me know the control arm bushing was torn, only has 28K miles on the car. I know I got the letter for the recall. I thought bushings could last up to 100K miles. they mechanic wants $1K to fix it. I think this is due to the recall going on. any thoughts?

On 8/1/2022 at 2:33 PM, Red3208 said:

Just got back from an oil change and they let me know the control arm bushing was torn, only has 28K miles on the car. I know I got the letter for the recall. I thought bushings could last up to 100K miles. they mechanic wants $1K to fix it. I think this is due to the recall going on. any thoughts?

The recent 'bushing' recall is for a bushing connecting the gear shift linkage to the transmission that could fail and cause the transmission to not actually be in the gear indicated by the dash/gear shift. A worst case scenario would be thinking you have it in Park but the transmission could be in another gear and roll away (if you do not use the parking brake, which should be a habit to always use for anyone and any vehicle).

The control arm bushing is completely separate and part of the suspension components and thus would not be part of this recall. I can't comment on the pricing beyond that.

• 2 months later...