Lane change signal delay

When driving I use the "touch" left or right when changing lanes. Signals will flash for 3-4 seconds and turn off. The question I have is, Is there any way to extend delay to 6-8 seconds via in-car settings or via Forscan? Keep in mind I am classified as a computer idiot, my pc may be broadband but user is stuck in dial-up. Thanks for the read. PS 2013 SEL

On 8/12/2022 at 11:09 AM, nogoodbum said:

When driving I use the "touch" left or right when changing lanes. Signals will flash for 3-4 seconds and turn off. The question I have is, Is there any way to extend delay to 6-8 seconds via in-car settings or via Forscan? Keep in mind I am classified as a computer idiot, my pc may be broadband but user is stuck in dial-up. Thanks for the read. PS 2013 SEL

Not that I've found and a few other ownsers who have been digging into this stuff haven't had luck either. This is definitely something I've been wanting to figure out on mine but there's nothing documented for our vehicles unfortunately on this stuff. Other Ford vehicles can do this with AsBuilt changes in ForScan and I have no doubt the C-Max would be able to as well, but the bits are likely going to be different than you'll find for other vehicles like the F-150 for example (which has WELL documented AsBuilt information).

The only thing I can tell you is it will be blink based instead of seconds. Default it should be 3 blinks and on all other vehicles with this documented the changes are all to the blink count.

From what I found on the internet in various forums you use FORSCAN to look at the SCCM (Steering Column Control Module). 

The value for the number of blinks is in 724-01-01  This is a set of three numbers [xxxx][xxxx][xx]

The digit you want to change is the second digit of the second group. [xxxx][xXxx][xx].

These are the values you can set:

0 = 1 blink

4 = 2 blinks

6 = 3 blinks (Default)

8 = 4 blinks

a = 5 blinks

c = 6 blinks

e = 7 blinks

Good Luck and let us know if it works.

On 8/13/2022 at 12:41 AM, David McC said:

From what I found on the internet in various forums you use FORSCAN to look at the SCCM (Steering Column Control Module). 

The value for the number of blinks is in 724-01-01  This is a set of three numbers [xxxx][xxxx][xx]

The digit you want to change is the second digit of the second group. [xxxx][xXxx][xx].

These are the values you can set:

0 = 1 blink

4 = 2 blinks

6 = 3 blinks (Default)

8 = 4 blinks

a = 5 blinks

c = 6 blinks

e = 7 blinks

Good Luck and let us know if it works.

This doesn't work because the C-Max doesn't have an SCCM. It has an SASM which is completely different and does not hold information about the turn signal functionality. In our vehicles (and same with early Focus/Escape's as they share the same platform) it is handled in the BCM which is not well documented. We do have a 'Central Configuration' option for that which has plain English configuration options but there's nothing there to adjust the turn signal blinks.

One thing to keep in mind when looking up this information is not all Ford vehicles share the same architectures and even if they have similar modules, the AsBuilt bits may not be the same. The F-150's (which is the info you pulled from) have been VERY well documented due to a large community there. However outside of something that is HIGHLY universal like the APIM, very little of that is going to apply to us.

Edited by cr08

Good morning, Hooked up ForScan to my 2013 SEL this AM, turns out that indeed it does not have a SCCM to reprogram signal light delay. Thanks for the info provided. Guess I will continue to turn lights on & off manually , like a caveman. No big deal I've done it for 50+yrs already. Again Thanks.