New Guy...Sorta

MadManMoon

Congrats MMM and SlamPro!! Your wait will not be nearly as bad as mine.......I didn't know this group then and had no one to whine  complain  to bug,  :sos: except my salesman and my husband. (Sucked to be them, I'll tell ya!)

We'll help keep you sane while you wait. Plus there may be some reading on the forum that you haven't gotten to yet.

Edited by Adair

Ack! My dealer teased me (inadvertently) today!

When I spoke to my sales rep earlier this week, he said their dealership's orders are scheduled on Thursdays, so he'd call Friday (today) with an update...maybe even a VIN! (I was skeptical; it's only been six days since I placed my order!)

So imagine my surprise when my phone rings this afternoon showing Sheehy Ford on the caller ID!  I pick up, and there's a cheerful salesman on the line, letting me know that there are big sales happening this Memorial Day weekend, and now would be a great time to pick up that C-MAX I was interested in!  I paused for a second, and started laughing.  I informed him that I already had one on order...and was hoping he was calling with an order update, maybe even a VIN!  He laughed and apologized, and said they'd update my customer record with the fact that I've already ordered.

So...still no change, but at least a little chuckle to start the holiday weekend!  :)

• 3 weeks later...

Got my VIN! Got my VIN!  :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Ford Service (Twitter) sent me my VIN this morning (I've been pinging them for updates every Friday, rather than bother the dealer), and I have a VIN!

No window sticker yet, but it's getting closer!  :drool:

Tick-tock, tick-tock...  :banghead:

Congrats, Madman.  About time!  I have to admire your patience.  Keep it up!

Patience?!  Ask my wife and co-workers about my "patience"!  Not so much!   :hysterical:

Let us know every step.  We're all waiting with you!

Thanks! This is a wonderful, supportive community, and I'm so happy to be a part of it!   :happy feet:

Hello, all!

I haven't ordered my C-Max Hybrid yet, but I'm counting down the days until we finally can!

We (my wife and I) are an all-Ford family, with 3 cars between the 2 of us: my daily driver is a 2010 Focus SE with 5-speed, my wife's DD is a 2011 F-150 SCrew with EcoBoost, and my fun car is a 2007 Shelby GT500.  With my wife now working closer to home, and most of it on a 5-mile zip to the park and ride, it's time to save the F-150 from those short trips, and allow her to get into a stick-shift car again.  I, on the other hand, have a traffic-laden route to work, with multiple back-road options, but no charging stations at work.  We also want a vehicle we can comfortably carry our 2 (soon to be 3) beagles in.  So...my only choice is the C-Max Hybrid!

I'm sold on the SEL (I want leather and navigation/MyFord Touch), but I'm still not sure about colors.  I like Ruby Red with the Stone interior...but I also like Sterling Grey with the Black interior.  I would prefer a dark blue (like Deep Impact), the Blue Candy is too light and Ice Storm is WAY too light.  I'm definitely going with the 302A package -- don't necessarily need the hands-free tailgate (though it is a neat feature!), but the rear-view camera is mandatory.  I'm also hoping for cooled seats -- my wife is always cold, but I'm always hot.

So I'm anxiously awaiting the release of the 2014 order guide, so I can see what will be changing in way of options and colors.  Our Focus is paid off in September, so I'm shooting for a July-ish order submittal, with a September/October delivery.

I CAN'T WAIT!

September is a good time to drive a CMax home.  I did last year on the 20th.  First one in the south bay area in Platinum White, love that off white with a goldish metallic glow.

Congrats.  You ordered yours a few days after I did and mine is scheduled to be built on Monday 6/17.  Counting the days....especially since I sold my car a few days ago so I'd chugging around in the farm jeep until my CMax comes in!!

I was paying for car rentals during the eight week wait.  So, it could certainly be worse.