Back-up camera quirk

My SEL was delivered on September 20th and the build date is early September.  I have had one instance where this happened but since there have been numerous system updates that is preforms automatically.  It hasn't happened.  My only peev is that the rear camera gets dirty and hard to see through, especially in the rain.  Wish it had an auto cleaning feature like the mini cams on the Nascar teams who have on-board camera's for the TV viewers to see front the drivers perspective.

Edited by mtb9153

• 2 weeks later...

Ford issued a message saying that if you shift into reverse too quickly after turning on the ignition, the camera guide lines sometimes don't display.

The message said to wait a few seconds longer to allow the Sync system to fully boot up.

They are investigating to come up with a fix.

It's no just that they don't display, it also turns them off until you go back in and turn them on in the settings. It is definitely tied to something I do, because the lines will stay for days when my wife drives, but disappear as soon as I take it for a spin. Thanks for the tip, I will try pausing before backing out of the garage.

Ford needs to upgrade that "pentium" to at least a "pentium III" :yahoo:

NOTE: I've never noticed the missing lines, build date 1/14/13???

lol, how do you know it's no 286 in there? They have to do something with these older cpus... ;)

Nah, no problem with mine either and I use my backup camera a ton and I totally  :wub2:  it. Much better than just sensors.

Mine have disappeared twice.  Have to go back thru the menus and turn it back on.  Haven't figured out what or why they disappear.  MAYBE its the shifting into reverse before sync boots up?  Will test this theory out...if I can remember.

Build date 2/10/13

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

It is not supposed to do that.  Ford issued a service message acknowledging the problem.  They said it sometimes happens when the transmission is put into reverse too soon after turning on the ignition.

There is supposed to be software update coming to fix the issue.