Mystery Black Plastic Thing in Console

subter

It is meant to be a divider between the cup spaces in the cup holder; to hold smaller cups I suppose.

I don't know, I never got one. Dealer was clueless.

BTW, if you have keyless entry, did you get backup keys in your fobs?

GOOD ADVICE! :hi5:

Our cup-holder divider and keys lay on my desk for 3 days "till I had time" to install them.

Thanks.  That makes sense.  And yes, my fobs have keys in them.

It is meant to be a divider between the cup spaces in the cup holder; to hold smaller cups I suppose.

I don't know, I never got one. Dealer was clueless.

BTW, if you have keyless entry, did you get backup keys in your fobs?

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know what this is?  It was in a plastic bag in the console upon delivery.  The sales guy said it comes with every new car but nobody in the dealership knows what it's for.  Attached is a picture.

i cant quite picture in my head how this thing which i didn't get installs?

Can anyone post a picture of this thing installed, as I still don't get it.

without "Mystery Black Plastic Thing in Console"

Edit:  strange.... I tried to post two 12K pictures, wouldn't let me so we'll try one 12K pic???

wab

Edited by wab

yes I found it and have installed it. Seems like just something else to loose. I'm checking to see if the key is in the fob too. Good work you guys and thanks! (can't figure out how to open the fob yet- ha ha ha)

Update- yes I have the keys too. Thanks for all the info!

Edited by Richdroid

yes I found it and have installed it. Seems like just something else to loose. I'm checking to see if the key is in the fob too. Good work you guys and thanks! (can't figure out how to open the fob yet- ha ha ha)

squeeze the two tabs inward at the same time which are located on the end where the fob hangs from your keychain while taking your fingernail or a pointy object to lift from one end the cover with the Ford logo.  Should be an easy process.  I don't understand how some cars don't have these items when delivered from the factory.  is someone at the dealers level hording these things?  Maybe they are ending up on Ebay?  Just kidding.

Edited by mtb9153

Also is there a list of stuff that is supposed to come with the car?

(Sadly my $30k car I ordered was swapped by the dealer at the last minute for a test driven car that has more than a few issues and finding out after the fact that I'm missing some items I should have gotten at time of purchase)

Edited by sixtyeightmk2