Howdy!

C-MAXER

New C-Max owner reporting in!   Just got a Ruby Red SEL (fastest color) and we're LOVING IT!  I've had a couple of hybrids (prius and camry) so I'm not new to the fuel economy game.  In fact, my first new car was an '84 Honda CRX HF (high fuel) back in the day (ahh memories).    Anyway, the car still has less than 100 miles so I'm still in the honeymoon phase but we love having more room, a smooth comfortable ride, and decent mpg with power.  I crossed shopped the Prius V and, briefly, a Venza.  The dealership offered me an extended 48hr test drive of a white SE and I averaged about 42mpg over my daily route.  Brought it back and snatched up the SEL for the camera, leather, access key, and power lift gate (I carry work equipment on a daily basis, kids band instruments, backpacks, etc). 

2DA61B31-40D5-454C-BCB3-90F6A1AAEE0F-320

Hi Doug and welcome!

Great color! That's what my husband wants! We haven't seen .............any............red one around here. C-Maxes are still a rarity, only 40 miles from where they are built.

You'll love the car, and will learn a lot from this forum.

Great to have you here!

Great color! That's what my husband wants! We haven't seen .............any............red one around here. C-Maxes are still a rarity, 

Funny as there were two reds on the lot plus the very first CMAX I ever saw in the wild and consequently drove last fall was Red:

934B11D9-EB3A-410C-93D7-BF2C06D8FF14-323

So I guess we're getting all of them down here!  :hysterical:

Welcome...that stone interior looks nice....funny how the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence (i have the black finish)....congratulations and welcome to the forum  :)

Yes, I think the interior is nice too.  It was the primary concern over exterior color.  I liked the white tricolor SE loaner just as much as the red but the SE had a black interior which I didn't care for (it's OK).   As you can tell, I all ready have the floor carpet nearly 100% covered with mats so it doesn't really matter what color those are.   ;)

Hi C-Maxer!

Congratulations on your new red ride.

Like you, I just took delivery of a red one. I have about 500+ miles on it and just refilled the tank.

I studied and compared and it came down to either the C-MAX or a Buick Encore. The most essential criteria to me was the seat. I've had some back problems and needed to be sitting upright. One day driving a sedan puts me in a world of hurt. I've been driving a truck for the last 10 years due to that. I really like how high I can put the seat in both the C-MAX and Encore.   

I really liked the trim of the Encore. However, in the end my decision was based on MPG and utility. You get a lot more utility in the C-MAX over the Encore, and (hopefully) about 12-15 more MPGs. It doesn't hurt that Ford has done a fair job at sound control in the C-MAX - nearly as good as Buick with the Encore.

I'm finding the C-MAX to be a comfortable car to drive. Because I'm into tech, I like all the toys (gauges and MFT) to explore in the CMAX. I've read a lot of complaints in some forums about MFT, but it hasn't been a problem for me. 

Riddley

Man, I have to get some armour all for the wheel...like those shiny tires. Yes...I am simple person who amuses easily at shiny things...zing away Adair and Rachel  ;)

I'm a fan of Meguiar's Gold Class Endurance High Gloss http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0009IQXJ0/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B0009IQXJ0&linkCode=as2&tag=calipso-20

Just have to be careful because it can fly off and get on the paint.

Is that the Costco sunshade you have there? I found it too small.

No.  I've had it for a few years and most likely got it at walmart.  It's the large version for mini-vans, etc that we bought for our then new 05 nissan quest.  It's held up well to the south Texas sun all these years.  It's a twin shade design so it can overlap to fit narrower vehicles like the CMAX but which still have long windshields.  Window tinting is in my future!  :)

Congratulations on your new car!  I love the exterior color.  That was my second choice only because I just traded in a Red Rock Canyon car.  I have the same interior and love it too but I also like your floor mats.  I'm thinking about getting them because mine will be hard to keep clean.  

So do the Walmart windshield covers cover your windows thoroughly?  Are they the jumbo size?  I saw them last week.  I'm not in much of a hurry since it's still cool here.  

So do the Walmart windshield covers cover your windows thoroughly?  Are they the jumbo size?  I saw them last week.  I'm not in much of a hurry since it's still cool here.  

I bought it years ago so it's probably a good guess that the ones they stock today will be different.  The tags are nearly worn off but I can just make out  "Auto Expressions" is printed on one of them.   I'll get some measurements later on but here's a couple of pics showing how I mount them vertically with some overlap.  I've always like this design as they are easy and quickly stored with a twist and fold technique and I can store them either between the seat and center console or door pocket; however, the CMAX pocket is a little too small.

8D593D24-14ED-4276-8F4F-A9953148B0C3-415

EA7DB98B-3055-4AEE-A47F-E55157A08D15-415

Edited by C-MAXER

New C-Max owner reporting in!   Just got a Ruby Red SEL (fastest color) and we're LOVING IT!  I've had a couple of hybrids (prius and camry) so I'm not new to the fuel economy game.  In fact, my first new car was an '84 Honda CRX HF (high fuel) back in the day (ahh memories).    Anyway, the car still has less than 100 miles so I'm still in the honeymoon phase but we love having more room, a smooth comfortable ride, and decent mpg with power.  I crossed shopped the Prius V and, briefly, a Venza.  The dealership offered me an extended 48hr test drive of a white SE and I averaged about 42mpg over my daily route.  Brought it back and snatched up the SEL for the camera, leather, access key, and power lift gate (I carry work equipment on a daily basis, kids band instruments, backpacks, etc). 

2DA61B31-40D5-454C-BCB3-90F6A1AAEE0F-320

Very pretty car and from my home state