What cool hidden feature have you discovered about your C-Max?

armoredsaint

Adair, you have me on turning off the proximity sensor.  When I go through a drive thru, the car is beeping like it's stolen!

How do you disable that feature?  I thought I had looked at everything in the manual....

Thanks in advance

Wamba, it's in the climate control area, below the MAX/AC knob. A button with a * P * on it. Turn it off in the drive-thru or car wash, then turn it back on. If you forget, it resets to on after you restart the car.

Wamba, it's in the climate control area, below the MAX/AC knob. A button with a * P * on it. Turn it off in the drive-thru or car wash, then turn it back on. If you forget, it resets to on after you restart the car.

IIRC, that's a feature that's only available on the Parking Assist Package.

Edit:  according to the owners manual, the P button is located in the same position occupied by my power door button.  Is this an either/or proposition?

Edited by C-MAXER

Some people have mentioned the secret stash area in the center console below the USB ports. I didn't know the little recessed shelf was there until I saw that post. I put the cap for my little USB drive in there, some use it for change.

I like are the opening/closing grille vents.

Some things that caught me off guard that continue to make me smile:

• When the car automatically connects my phone when it is in my backpack.
  • Whenever I open/lock/start the car without the key FOB in my hand.

Some things that are well documented to *not work* but I seem to have lucked out on:

• When my phone interrupted a song to let me know I had a new text message, then asked me if I wanted to reply by voice. And it just worked.
  • When I insert a USB thumb drive and it plays from the point in the playlist where it was previously.   

Adair & C-Maxer, I tried using logic when I went out to lunch to see if I could figure out how to disable proximity sensor....and I see the word "off" on the parking assist.  Went through a drive thru for lunch and volia! it stopped the beeps.

Will have to check out the "shelf' in the console, did not know it was there.

Thank you to all for the info you have shared.

I like the little "trays" on the outside of the front seats.  I think that they are there to keep things from falling under the seat from the side, but I use them for things that don't need to be handy while driving.  Such as:  spare change (no coin holder), sunglasses holder (the car provides one but sometimes I need one at my destination), spare dog leash (used to just have it on the passenger floor in my Escape), the garage door opener (just in case).  

I could fit all of that in the center console cavern, but then I would never find anything in there!

I like many of the thing mentioned above plus I like how the rear seats allow me to secure a blanket for my dog. I just tuck the blanket into the seats where the back and the seat meet then I tuck and hold the bottom of the blanket under the seats while I clip clothes pins up underneath to hold the blanket in place.

Wife likes the umbrella trays.   I like the weather map.  I call that one a hidden feature because I had no idea it was there until I read about it on this forum.  Afterwards, I went to the owners manual and couldn't find it in there.  Works like a champ, though.

Haven't used this one, and it's already been mentioned...the storage areas underneath the rear floor mats are cool hidden features.

The proximity sensors, maybe?

I have a base SE; I don't thing I have the proximity sensors.  At first I thought it was me losing leaves, but the chirps seem a lot less than the leaves  coming and going.  At some point I think I will attempt to record them.  I noticed the chirping when I let my friend drive around a big parking lot and was using mostly electric so it is pretty easy to reproduce.  Softness, shortness and frequency of the sound makes it hard to even know where it is coming from.

Can someone explain how to see the weather map? I never could get it to work.

Didn't know about this feature, so thanks for the tip. Here's what works for me. From the Navigation screen, select "Menu." Then from the resulting set of choices, pick "Sirius Travel Link." From there, you can select "Weather." Several options, including a 5-day forecast and a weather map.