What cool hidden feature have you discovered about your C-Max?

armoredsaint

I've had my car for 10 months now and only today did I discover a "Mobility Device" in a black bag beneath the passenger seat. It appears to be used for inflating either the spare tire or flat one. Anyone find this? Forgive me if I missed this feature mentioned before.

Have you found your spare tire, jack and lug wrench :)

If not, look at the threads titled     "Spare Tire"      and       "Spare Tire Solution for C-Max Hybrid."

Full disclosure - I knew about the Temporary Mobility Kit before I got my car because my salesperson showed it to me, but I didn't realize it was instead of, rather than in addition to, a spare tire, jack and lug wrench. [insert dope slap emoticon here] I learned that on this forum.  Now I have a donut spare, jack and lug wrench for trips where I don't want to be without them.

Have you found your spare tire, jack and lug wrench :)

If not, look at the threads titled     "Spare Tire"      and       "Spare Tire Solution for C-Max Hybrid."

Full disclosure - I knew about the Temporary Mobility Kit before I got my car because my salesperson showed it to me, but I didn't realize it was instead of, rather than in addition to, a spare tire, jack and lug wrench. [insert dope slap emoticon here] I learned that on this forum.  Now I have a donut spare, jack and lug wrench for trips where I don't want to be without them.

Where do you keep your spare? It seems like it would take up a lot of space, given the rather small cargo space.

Where do you keep your spare? It seems like it would take up a lot of space, given the rather small cargo space.

I have only had it in the car for out of town trips.  I have had it flat on the cargo floor with luggage on top.

There are some nicer and more secure solutions in the "Spare Tire Solution for C-Max Hybrid." thread.

For example, see photos in post #56 at

http://fordcmaxhybridforum.com/topic/1116-spare-tire-solution-for-c-max-hybrid/page-3?hl=%20spare%20%20tire%20%20solution%20%20c-max%20%20hybrid.

• 5 months later...

Not at all hidden, but I sure like them - the built in Blind-Spot Mirrors.  :)  (Relatively unique to Ford (& Chev ?) cars? Common on trucks, of course) 

I know there are more tech driven sensor systems out there, but I like to make visual and trust my own eyes.  :)

Nick

Edited by C-MaxSea

• 1 month later...

What's that funnel at the hatch area where the hidden compartment is at? Lots to read in the manual too.

I'm sorry you didn't know this. It just means you had an absolute worthless sales person. The Easyfuel cap-less system and the funnel for emergency filling is something every Ford sales person is supposed to cover in the presentation of a Ford Vehicle.

Feel free to message me if you have any questions. Selling and driving these things is what I do.

I'm sorry you didn't know this. It just means you had an absolute worthless sales person. The Easyfuel cap-less system and the funnel for emergency filling is something every Ford sales person is supposed to cover in the presentation of a Ford Vehicle.

Feel free to message me if you have any questions. Selling and driving these things is what I do.

Mine didn't cover it either.  Luckily, I"m an instruction manual nerd.

I bought my car from someone who, when I googled his name later, it turns out was a former reporter for the local rag. Made me respect him more. But when I was driving the car, I know I knew more than him about it. 

The bracket in the lid of the center console.  I don't have anything to put in it yet, but when I do I'm sure it will be useful!

I have the lint-free cloth provided for wiping the screen in there. If you fold it up, it fits just snugly enough to be perfect.

I forget if I'm using the clip which seems to have been intended for credit cards, or the one which seems to have been intended for USB thumb drives, but whichever one it is, it works. :)

I noticed recently that the "N" symbol on the left side of the map screen rotates to always point in a northerly direction. Somewhat redundant since it also has a compass indicator but cool nonetheless.

What's not so cool is the annoying blinking white circle around the vehicle location icon. Please Ford, get rid of this stupidity!

Personally, I hate the blind spot mirrors; they cut drastically into the overall size of the main mirrors. And since the main mirrors (in any car) can be set to eliminate blind spots, I find these extra mirrors highly distracting. I wish they had been an option, so I could've opted against them.

I have gotten use to them now and like them. IMHO :)

Paul