Dealer required additives at oil change

Joanne O

I have a 2014 C Max SEL Hybrid with 55,000 miles.  I've had the oil changed every 5,000 miles at the dealer.  This time, they told me I needed additional additives.  These were supposed to clean the fuel system, treat the engine oil, restore engine performance, and install a premium ethanol defender.  I finally found out it was the BG product 44K Platinum.  I also think they were proposing the use of BG's EPR for hybrids.  This "oil change" would cost $329.  I felt they were up-selling and declined their oil change. I told them that service was not in the manual and if it was needed it would have been stated there.  They said it would make my car last longer.  I know these products can be bought locally and I can add them myself.  What are other C Max owners doing?  Are they using additives and are they needed at 55,000 miles?  I might add I have not had any problems with this car and plan to drive it till the wheels fall off.  I do get 40.9 MPG which indicates to me the car is performing correctly.  Your opinions would be greatly appreciated.