Who says 47mpg is not possible?

wamba2000

See attached picture. 

Mostly commuting, with city and some freeway driving, limited a/c use.  Lifetime mileage is up to 42.3.  I drivew with the traffic, but now pay mush more attention to ease off when a light changes or to accelerate more slowly if no one is following.

Was trying for the 600 mile club, but ran a little short.  I am still very pleased with this mileage:  47.0!

post-356-0-53241700-1365968455_thumb.jpg

Was trying for the 600 mile club, but ran a little short. ...

Really?????  I'd say you need to try a little harder and push "the limits". :)   Heck with over 2 gallons of fuel left you could have reached 625. I'll give it too you though, since I wouldn't want to run out of fuel trying to reach 600. :worship:    What I think is impressive is the 306.5 EV miles out of 534.3 or 57.4% EV miles.  I'd say we need a few new clubs like the 55%, 60%, and 65% clubs with a minimum of say 550 miles (so we don't have to run the tank dry).

gallery_167_32_11154.jpg

See attached picture. 

Mostly commuting, with city and some freeway driving, limited a/c use.  Lifetime mileage is up to 42.3.  I drivew with the traffic, but now pay mush more attention to ease off when a light changes or to accelerate more slowly if no one is following.

Was trying for the 600 mile club, but ran a little short.  I am still very pleased with this mileage:  47.0!

:happy feet:  :hi5:  :happy feet:

Plus 3, my Fuelly record shows the accurate gallons, so in retro, didn't quite hit 47, it took 12.5 to fill, (actual mpg 42.5)  -- cutting it close for me.  I was on the "yellow" alert, and the computer said I had 42 miles to drive.

Wanted to know what kind of reserve I might have.  Shows the computer is not close in estimating fuel left.

I still will work to get to the 600 club, but haven't started to carry extra fuel for the "in case" situation.

Wamba - thats awesome dude! Well done!

For the record, its the auto media who said the 47 was not possible as they were only getting mid 30s or 37s....but as I have tried to show everyone here and the net world - it is possible and its striking that both ptjones and I hit the 600 miles at the same time - both of them reported here!!!! Yes - this fordcmaxhybridforum.com is THE PLACE for all CMax real news and development  :rockon:

Wamba - it will take time to understand and know how your CMax will do in the fume zone (as I call it). Going yellow is just the start and it takes a while to get used to. Pretty soon, you'll use the Trip1 and monitor the gallons used there as the "estimated to" calculator goes zero. Only ptjones has ever tanked out and he said it was a no event....my cutoff is 13.0 or 13.95 - but I am safe as I carry a spare 2 gallons in the back.

So yeah, keep at it. As for special techniques - its what I do now, I don't think it's special - I have a tool and I will use the tool the best I can like any other tradesman, skillfully and with knowledge of what it can do or not do.

See ya in the 600 club soon  ;)