50+mpg trips

C-MAXER

• 2 weeks later...

9927979834_bddd633b74.jpg

This was today: 61.3 miles, 62.6 MPG, 0.9 gal.

This was a round trip -- so no cheating on the elevation, I returned back to the point from which I started.

No Hypermiling, just normal driving.  The only thing I did was I actively managed when it was ICE vs. EV.

Speeds were typically between 30 and 50, mostly around the city, with a couple spots up to 60+ on the highway.

Weather conditions were ideal, mid-60's and sunny, so no A/C or heat.

I think I've finally figured this car out.

It was a nice little cruise around post, mostly flat, up and down one decent hill.

Pretty sure if I lived on post and never left then hitting 700 mile/tank would be easy-peasy, as long as the weather held.

You keep doing that, you're moving up to the next bar seat at the 800 Mahogany Bar where the top shelf liquid is flowing.... ;)

First cool front of the fall has given me the opportunity to turn off the A/C for the first time since April and the benefits were immediate and very apparent.    One nearly 2 mile stretch between traffic lights typically takes two P&G cycles but this morning it only took one.  At that point, I was nearly 10mpg up on the running avg.

null_zpsd809e028.jpg

Last week with the a/c, I was getting 47-49mpg on this same morning commute.

WOW!! Very nice indeed, Doug!

Thanks!  I must say, no A/C use really helps.  I didn't try too hard this morning and only netted a 50.1 but this afternoon I made a concerted effort and it paid off in spades.  This is the highest I've ever achieved on a daily commute leg:

null_zpsd3caa2d0.jpg

Perfect storm:  air temp 85f, low humidity, engine temp 190-202f (scan gauge), no HVAC use (windows down), little to no wind, and light traffic.  Start/end at same point.

Those are trophies, to be sure, Doug; and I think you would agree, repeatable.  Have you set yourself a new standard perhaps?

leg:  11.1 / 18.2 = 61% EV (yields 54.2 MPG)

leg;   8.3 / 10.4  = 80% EV (yields 75.7 MPG)

and by far the most important because it is a loop / return to same elevation:  14.4 / 20.7 = 70% EV (yielding 61.2 MPG)

achieving 50% EV is my 'holy grail' for great MPG's ( for every 70, there is likely a 30, for every 60, there is likely a 40, etc...........

Nick

Edited by C-MaxSea

and by far the most important because it is a loop / return to same elevation:  14.4 / 20.7 = 70% EV (yielding 61.2 MPG)

achieving 50% EV is my 'holy grail' for great MPG's ( for every 70, there is likely a 30, for every 60, there is likely a 40, etc...........

Nick

That's a good way to look at it.  A cooler, evening run netted even higher result (76% EV):

null_zps2105c812.jpg

Which helped give me my highest ever total for an entire day.  (Yes, I know this meter isn't proof. :camera:  You'll just have to trust me!)     ;)

null_zpsd3979489.jpg