Hello from Utah!

The Barnstormer

I have a 2017 C-Max Energi with almost 20,000 miles on it. (I am retired and don't drive much these days.) About 85% of my driving is on the battery so I buy the equivalent of about one tank of gasoline per year. The car claims to have a 24-mile range on electricity only but I think 18 to 20 miles is more realistic; most of my trips are within that range. Using heater/defroster or air conditioning reduces the range pretty substantially. On cold days or hot days (I live in Southern California and it can get very hot here), I will sometimes force the internal combustion engine to turn on so that it takes the HVAC load. Similarly, when I go on the freeway I turn the ICE on because the range is less at freeway speeds. The electric-only range will decrease over time: I have a neighbor with an early C-Max Energi (maybe 2014) with about 110,000 miles on it and I think his electric-only range is down to about 12 miles or so.