Power Liftgate not always opening?

I'm having this same issue with the 2013 SE. Dealer couldn't replicate because it doesn't happen every time. I often have to open it with the button on the door because it still won't open after a few tries with the fob. My aunt has the same car and same problem. I hope Ford has a fix for this in the works.

Tell the idiot's at the dealer to look up the TSB for this problem.

• 4 weeks later...

Absolutely. I've not had a single fail (unless it was something like my foot clearly not reaching under the bumper) since the fix. This was a known issue, and your dealer should have checked out the situation.

Before the defective software was fixed our FOBs worked 100%

Wife's under bumper kick worked 100%

My under bumper kick worked < 25% (much less than 25%!).

After the defective software was fixed our FOB's work 100%

Both of our under bumper kicks work 100% :happy feet:

Have your dealers check the batteries in your FOB's and make sure the correct version of software is installed.

So, you have it locked, thinking you are secure.  A cat comes along, runs under your rear bumper, changes his mind and runs back under your bumper, and "VIOLA!", you have an unlocked, open car, just primed for anyone who diddy bops by to say, "Well now, what a bitchen' car!"  and decides to put the five finger discount on all the goodies you have "securely" locked in the hatch.  So, I think (when I get mine) I'll just disengage/shut off/disable my auto truck unlock.  Thanks, dude.

Ger

The keyfob must be in close proximity (1 meter or so?) for the auto feature to work...unlikely the hatch would open and the keyholder be unaware...

+1. Unless you are standing next to the cat at the rear of the vehicle when it runs under, nothing will happen. Even if you are touching the car but not standing at the rear, nothing will happen. Even if you have the key fob inside the vehicle with you, nothing will happen. They thought of all of these kinds of scenarios in the design.

When I purchased my C-MAX, I felt forced to get some features that I thought were kind of hokey in order to get others that I really wanted. However, now that I have some of them, I really love them, and I would miss them, were I not to have them anymore. I would certainly miss the kick gate; I use the feature often. It is great when you have your arms full.

Edited by ScubaDadMiami