Just Ordered in Boerne, TX

spyburn

• 2 weeks later...

Any non-Texans who can locate Boerne on a map without first looking it up?  (Not me.)

Ok I was born in Houston in 1953 but moved out of Texas in 1960, so I don't quite fit the mold as a non-Texan but I do know where Boerne is.  It is northwest of San Antonio, southwest of Austin and almost located at the top point of a sideways triangle if you drew lines between Austin, San Antonio, and Beorne.  Ok, I cheated, I looked it up on google maps because I'd never heard of it or ever been there.  Driven across Texas many times from Northern California to the hometown of my Father.  My cousins live there many miles to the northeast of Boerne in the East Texas forest area of Angelina County.  A town called Lufkin, Texas and home of Lake Sam Rayburn.  I bet as you all read this your saying to yourself...I don't I give a S":T, and that's ok, I would say that if I wasn't from Texas originally, but just wanted to share those facts.

Edited by mtb9153

I love reading about people's lives and such.  When I was about 14, I lived in Shamrock, Texas (my dad was American and my mother Canadian). I worked as a bus girl at the Big Texan Restaurant.  They had a teenage boy sitting on a horse out front of the restaurant dressed as a cowboy waving at people to bring customers in for the barbeque Texas beef.  I had a huge crush on the horse, and a little one on the teenaged boy.  One of my jobs was open to large tins of beef that they made into barbeque beef.  Tins were stamped "made in Argentina".  Even at age 14, I was shocked about the false advertising.

I love reading about people's lives and such.  When I was about 14, I lived in Shamrock, Texas (my dad was American and my mother Canadian). I worked as a bus girl at the Big Texan Restaurant.  They had a teenage boy sitting on a horse out front of the restaurant dressed as a cowboy waving at people to bring customers in for the barbeque Texas beef.  I had a huge crush on the horse, and a little one on the teenaged boy.  One of my jobs was open to large tins of beef that they made into barbeque beef.  Tins were stamped "made in Argentina".  Even at age 14, I was shocked about the false advertising.

Very interesting Laurel, love the story about the "Big Texan" Steakhouse in Amarillo if I remember correctly?  Went there one time back in the 70's as the family was crossing the panhandle coming from Denver on our way to my Grandparents in East Texas.  I was about 19 at the time and thought I could eat a horse.  I told my folks I wanted to go for the Big Texan challenge.  Which meant I had to eat in an hour a 24 or 32oz 2inch thick steak.  Two huge stuffed baked potatoes, two large salads I think,  Texas Toast which is big and thick and Lord knows what all else.  If I could do it the meal was free and I got my picture and name plastered in the wall of fame.  If not then had to pay for it and the price in those days was as big as Texas.  Great fun we had there.

Edited by mtb9153

I love the stories too Laurel.  The only Texan story I have is that my brother lived in Odessa Texas in the eighties.  I think he worked in construction.  I've only been to the big airports there on a layover.  I was raised in Hagerstown Maryland in the 60's and 70's.  My first car was a used 60 something Ford Mustang.  I loved the car until I got home and it wouldn't start.  Since I wasn't mechanical like all of my brothers my father took me back to the dealership and exchanged the car for a 60's Camero.  My C-Max is the first Ford I've had since then.  My husband drives a 2004 T-Bird that I love too.  He originally bought it for me but after a while we decided to use it as our Sunday car.  We drove it for a while with the top down on the cool summer evenings.  Then he got rid of his Caddie and has been driving the T-Bird full time since.  I don't think I've been anywhere with him in the T-Bird since I got Max.  That's okay because he loves to be chaperoned around.  Maybe I'll drive him to Texas  :shift:

I'm looking forward to reading your stories spyburn!  When do you expect to get your CMax?

Last I heard, scheduled delivery was "week of July 1".  I sent an e-mail to my dealer this morning with the subject line of "stalker, checking in!" 

My hope is I will be driving my CMax on Monday.  However, in order to keep my sanity, I'm telling myself next Saturday....if it is ready earlier, it will be a pleasant surprise!

always great to hear about another cmax joining the fold here. family is growing by keep la and bounds. now that it's official don't forget to update your profile details to show the space about your new cmax model and color. (as shown to the left of all your posts on the forum)

Edited by salsaguy

always great to hear about another cmax joining the fold here. family is growing by keep la and bounds. now that it's official don't forget to update your profile details to show the space about your new cmax model and color. (as shown to the left of all your posts on the forum)

Thanks for the reminder salsaguy.  Done.

Now I'm off to play with my CMax in the rain!  That should wash off the 1/2 inch layer of dust that accumulated on the car from the very first trip down our dirt road yesterday!