Issues with airflow

xmeek

When the a/c is blowing through the face vents I feel a great amount of air coming from the floor vents. I checked the settings to ensure that the floor vents were not on and when I activated them the air blew through them like normal, but when I turn the floor vents off I can still feel a strong airflow coming through them. i can still feel the air through the face vents but it definitely isn't as strong.

You should feel a large increase in air flow in the upper vents when you close the lower vents.

Had a similar problem on my Ford Explorer which may not be related to your problem.

The problem was where the solenoid push rod attached to the seal plate for the floor vent the plastic was broken.

Was able to fix with a small cable tie to connect the solenoid push rod to the seal plate.  

This saved a lot of $ and work as I was able to do the repair without taking the dash apart and it lasted at least 10 years until the car was later sold.

There is definitely a large difference when I turn off the floor vents but I do still feel a good bit of air, like if im wearing flip flops my feet get cold when I have the ac on max and set to only face.