2017 CMax Energi SE new buyer questions

Hello everyone,

Im looking at a 2017 CMax Energi SE for sale here locally in san diego. It has 55k miles. It was originally a lease vehicle then a personal vehicle and looks like it traded in and then sold at auction. Now a local small dealer has it on his lot. I did some research on carcomplaints.com and found no problems on the 2017. I was just wondering if anyone would like to share their opinion on this vehicle before I fork out $14,000 dollars. Thankyou in advance.

In very early January I bought a 2017 SEL with 57K miles on it.

$14K is a good price for that, especially on the west coast.  And remember, used plug-in vehicles including the Energi are now eligible for a tax credit.  $4000.  Do the research.

If you can take advantage of that, suddenly it's a $10K car...

Anyway, my son's been driving it for 4 months now.  No gripes.

Edited by adam1991

• 1 month later...
On 5/7/2023 at 11:57 PM, michaelaland said:

Hello everyone,

Im looking at a 2017 CMax Energi SE for sale here locally in san diego. It has 55k miles. It was originally a lease vehicle then a personal vehicle and looks like it traded in and then sold at auction. Now a local small dealer has it on his lot. I did some research on carcomplaints.com and found no problems on the 2017. I was just wondering if anyone would like to share their opinion on this vehicle before I fork out $14,000 dollars. Thankyou in advance.

Did you end up buying it? If so, how did it go? I just bought a 2017 Cmax Energi Titanium and have 7 days to exchange it if I want (bought on Carvana). It seems to have some steering problem though after driving it home. So not sure if I want to keep it or not. It has a limited warranty, but not excited to buy a car and then have to have it fixed. 

Yogabbas,

I understand your concern with the steering issue.  We have a 2017 energi and a 2018 hybrid and for whatever reason, I much prefer the drive and feel of the energi versus the regular hybrid.  With a steering problem, I would look for another.

Either way, please let us know what comes of it.

Greg