I Sighted Myself!

I have a specific dealer (in Georgia, of all places!) that I will be ordering all my Fords from, because of their absolutely awesome sales staff and ease of experience. All the dealers up here in the DC area STINK.  To me, it's worth the one-way plane ticket to get it from GA and have a leisurely break-in drive home.

• 1 month later...

Sure u don't want to test drive a Prii jus in case...not even a lil test one... :stirpot:

I was in Chicago last weekend, and my friend's parents have a 2010 Prius with about 12,000 miles on it (they live in the city, so don't drive very often).  I was appalled at the fit and finish, ride quality, cheapness of the digital displays, and overall ergonomics.  Way back in 2003 I test drove a Prius and was impressed compared to its contemporaries.  I had a 2003 Corolla, and it was way ahead of its contemporaries then.  It's amazing how far Toyota has fallen.

So, no, Jus - I don't think a test drive is worth my time!   :hysterical:

Sadly, tomorrow the C-MAX and I will have to part ways. I am very depressed over this.  I have never been this enamored with a car before - and I have a Shelby GT500!  The technology in this car worked flawlessly for me - Bluetooth paired every time, voice commands worked without a hitch, GPS was spot-on, and MyFord Touch responsiveness was near-instantaneous.  I can only hope mine will be just as excellent!

When I picked it up, the lifetime mileage was 33.0 MPG, with over 12,000 miles on the odometer.  (Keep in mind, this is a Budget rental car, so I doubt most renters are hypermilers!)  After five days, I've got the lifetime average up to 33.7 MPG.  My wife and I used to have a 2008 Ford Escape Hybrid, and in order to get good MPG, I had to drive it like a hybrid - really gradual starts, long slow braking periods, etc.  With the C-MAX, I can just drive it like a car, and it does the rest!  The braking is much more progressive and "normal-feeling" compared to the FEH, and the engagement of the ICE is almost imperceptible.  The car exhibits a fit and finish I've never seen in a Ford before.  The door shuts with a heavy, reassuring "THUNK" that screams quality.  Wind noise is almost non-existent.

I'm not sure how I'm going to survive the next four months before I can call a C-MAX my own.  It will be very, very hard to go back to my 2010 Focus tomorrow.

Until then, I'll live vicariously through y'all!  :happy feet:

33.0 MPG sounds about normal at least for my SEL that is.  I have almost 14k miles and this morning my AvMPG was 28, this afternoon it got up to 43 now its at 39.0  But at least now my iPhone 5 is paired thanks to something I can't figure out.  My wife was pairing her iPhone 4s and it paired right up.  Then she tried pairing my iPhone 5 and it paired after I tried over 20 times with no success.  I hate it when she shows me up :drool:

Edited by mtb9153

33.0 MPG sounds about normal at least for my SEL that is.  I have almost 14k miles and this morning my AvMPG was 28, this afternoon it got up to 43 now its at 39.0  But at least now my iPhone 5 is paired thanks to something I can't figure out.  My wife was pairing her iPhone 4s and it paired right up.  Then she tried pairing my iPhone 5 and it paired after I tried over 20 times with no success.  I hate it when she shows me up :drool:

you're married, this should be like water off a ducks back by now...otherwise you're back to the hubby training school for you.... :hysterical:

• 5 weeks later...

Well, I can understand now the frustrations with MyFord Touch.  This 2013 Taurus has not been updated, and I have been getting almost every glitch imaginable: phone disconnects randomly, iPod switches to alphabetical every time I turn the car on, repeat is stuck on, Nav SD Card error, and the list goes on.  ETIS shows that there's an outstanding service action for the SYNC and MFT updates for this vehicle, but of course the rental agency won't take care of that unless they absolutely have to.  I wonder how many of these glitches will be remedied by the software update.

Contrast this to the flawless performance I had with my rental C-MAX 2 months ago, and I hope my car (delivered next week!!!!) with 3.5.1 from the factory is just as flawless!  Fingers crossed!